Sentences with Yet
Yet is a words that plays different roles in sentences, some of its uses are understood by basic users of the language and others are understood by user of the language with an intermediate level of proficiency.
These are some of the uses of the word Yet
Yet is used to mean before now or before that time
- Have you finished that task yet?
- Have you read that book yet?
- Has she called you yet?
Yet is used to mean now or as early as this time
- I don’t wanna go home yet
- I wouldn’t like to finish my talk yet
- I won’t stop running yet
- I don’t want a boyfriend yet
- We haven’t arrived yet.
Yet is used to connect words or phrases
- His plans are very simple yet effective
- The routine is quite easy to complete, yet nobody wants to do it
Yet is used for emphasis
- He’s made yet another mistake
- I found yet more mistakes in the report.
- Yet another issue to deal with.
Yet can substitute words such as but and however
- He’s cool enough, yet I don’t like him.
- Linda plays tennis well, yet her favorite sport is soccer
Questions with Yet
These are some example of questions with yet
- Have you visited the doctor yet?
- No, I haven’t
- Have you read the book yet?
- No, I haven’t , I don’t like reading that much
- Have you studied Mathematics?
- Yes, I have. I didn’t understand anything
- Have she called you yet?
- No, she hasn’t, she hates me
- Haven’t you criticized him openly yet?
- No, I haven’t. I don’t want to cause any problems
- Have you considered my offer yet?
- Sorry, we have been busy these past few days
Interested in Learning More?
These are some other posts that you might find interesting
- How to Talk about Hobbies in English
- How to Introduce Yourself in English
- How to Describe Appearance and Personality
- The 20 Best Resources to Pass the TOEIC Test
- 6 Best Pronunciation Websites
- 8 Best English Pronunciation Apps