How to Introduce Yourself in English
Introduce Yourself in English Vocabulary and Expressions
- Good Morning
- Morning Guys
- Good Afternoon
- Good Night
- Good Evening
- How are you ?
- How are you doing?
- How is it going?
- Hey, Linda
- Hey, What’s up
- Hey, Buddy
- Hey, Guys
- Hey, What’s going on?
- What’s the new?
Useful expressions to respond to Greetings
- It is good to see you
- Good to see you
- Not bad
- Pretty good
- Not Good
- Not much
Useful expressions for introductions
- What’s your name? My name is ____________
- My nickname is _________________
- People call me ________________
- This is _________________
- I am _____________________
- I am happy to meet you
- Nice to see you again
- Excuse me
- Thanks/Thank you
- Nice/good to meet you
- Nice meeting you too
- I am from ____________
- I live in ______________
- My Number is _______________________
- I work in ______________
- I study in ____________________
- My Email Adress is ___________________
- See you
- See You later
- See you tomorrow
- See you in a few (In a few means in a few minutes or hours)
- See you around
- Take care
Introduce Yourself in English Lesson Plan
- Teacher introduces himself /Herself using a PowerPoint Presentation
- Teacher creates a whatsapp group to communicate with learners and send important information
- Teacher explains the contents of the course.
- Teacher asks learner to briefly introduce themselves
The Hot Balloon
- Teacher plays some good beats as the student pass a balloon to their clasmates, when the music stops, the student pinches the ballon and answer the question inside.
- Teacher tell students to make groups of 4.
- They are given a worksheet, the worksheet has a list of :
- Response to Greetings
- They have to read the expressions and classify them by writing the right category next to them.
- Student are sent questions and answers in a picture and they pratice with a partner.
- Students are sent a google form and they have to ask a series of questions to their classmates such as
- What ‘s your full name?
- Where do you live?
- How old are you?
- What do you do?
- What’s your phone number?
- What’s your email address?
- What’s your major?
- What’s your favorite type of music?
- What’s your favorite type of movies?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- Students make pairs
- Students are given a scrambled conversation.
- They have to read it and put in order
- Student practice the conversation using their own information
Main Task Stage
- Student choose a celebrity and they have to learn key details about that person such as:
- Last Name
- Marital Status
- Students answer a short quiz.