We use already to emphasise that something was completed before something else happened.
It is often used with the present perfect or past perfect
Sentences with Already and the Present Perfect
These are some sentences with already and the Present Perfect
- I have already changed my clothes.
- She has already left the office.
- Have you already read this book?
- I have already eaten lunch.
Sentences with Already and the Past Perfect
These are example of sentences with already and the past perfect
- The plane had already landed
- she had already gone home.
- The text had already been marked up with corrections
- She had already gone to the park
Sentences with Already and the Simple Present
These are some sentences with already and the simple present
- I already know.
- I’m already busy
- I’m already late
- I’m already rich.
- It’s already dark.
- Joe’s already here
- John is already a writer
Sentences with Already and the Simple Past
These are some sentences with already and the simple past
- She was already in love with him.
- I already ate.
- I did it already
- You already paid
- I already checked.
- They already knew.
- They already left.
- I already said that.