For many students, religion can be a touchy topic. Some people are more comfortable than others talking about their faith and experiences.
Religion has been around for centuries and is practiced by billions of people all over the world. It shapes our culture, traditions, and values.
- What are your thoughts about organized religion?
- Do religions impact cultural practices such as food choices and clothing styles?
This blog post will explore questions about religions to help us understand why most people feel inclined to join one of them.
Table of Contents
General Questions about Religions
These are some of the most common questions that people have about religions.
- What is a religion?
- How many religions do you know?
- Is religion important to you?
- Are you affiliated with any particular religion?
- What do you like the most about your religion>
- What are some common questions do people have about religions?
- What are the basic beliefs and practices of any religion?
- What is religious tolerance?
- Is it possible to have good moral values without following any religious tradition?
- Are there religions that do not believe in God? If so, what are they called?
- What is a sect?
- How many people do we know who have left their religion and joined another?
- Can you recommend some websites that will give me a better understanding of religions in general?
- Why are religions so different from each other?
- Do I have to believe in God to be happy?
- Which belief system is the best for a peaceful world?
- How do I know which religion is true or if there is even a God at all?
- What makes one religious tradition different from another?
- Do all religions worship the same god (or gods) under different names?
- If you believe that your religion is true, what evidence supports your faith?
Religions: Faith and Doubts
These are some common questions that people have about faith and doubt
- Do you share what you believe with others?
- Do you ever feel hesitant about sharing your beliefs with others?
- Does anyone feel hesitant with discussing questions or doubts about religion?
- Are people sometimes afraid of sharing questions or doubts about their faiths?
- How do you feel when someone questions your belief in God? What questions are hard for you to answer?
- How important is it to be tolerant of questions and doubts about faith traditions?
- How do you feel about atheists?
- Why do people stop believing in religions and even in God?
- If someone questions your belief in God, how do you react?
- What are the questions that are hard for you to answer?
- Where is the boundary between faith and doubt?
- Would it be difficult for you to believe if all the scientific evidence pointed against your beliefs?
- Are there questions about religion that make you feel uncomfortable, why?
- Do questions or doubts change your beliefs? How?
- Why would people doubt their religion or faith tradition? What questions cause people to lose their faith in God and religion?
- How do religious leaders answer questions and respond to doubts about their religions’ teachings and claims?
Questions about Religion and Death
These are some common questions that people have about religion and death
- What happens when we die?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- What are your thoughts on the resurrection?
- What are your thoughts on reincarnation?
- Does your religious tradition teach us how to deal with death?
- How should we face our own deaths and the death of those who are close to us?
- What questions trouble you about the topic of death?
- How do you think your own faith tradition can help you to deal with questions about death?
I hope you have a great conversation with the help of these interesting questions about religion.
If you’re still interested in questions about religion, check DiscussFaith.com
More ESL Conversation Questions
These are some posts with more ESL conversation questions