Wanna talk about Holidays in English? Do you need a list of Holidays Conversation Questions?
Let’s start with the definition of holiday given by Wikipedia
A holiday is a day set aside by custom or by law on which normal activities, especially business or work including school, are suspended or reduced.
Generally, holidays are intended to allow individuals to celebrate or commemorate an event or tradition of cultural or religious significance.
Holidays may be designated by governments, religious institutions, or other groups or organizations.
The degree to which normal activities are reduced by a holiday may depend on local laws, customs, the type of job held or personal choices.
List ofHolidays in the USA
|February 14||Valentine’s Day|
|March 17||Saint Patrick’s Day|
|December 31 |
|New Year’s Day (New Year’s Eve)|
|May 8–14 |
|July 4th||Independence Day (Fourth of July)|
Holidays Conversation Questions
These are some holidays questions to ask your students so you can assess their speaking skills.
An Specific Holiday
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- When is that holiday celebrated?
- Do you celebrate that holiday with your family or with your friends?
- Is gift giving a part of that holiday?
- What do you like the most about that holiday?
- Is that holiday a religious activity?
Holidays Conversation Questions: Christmas
- Do you decorate your house for Christmas?
- What do you do on Christmas?
- What’s the best gift you have received on Christmas?
- Do you usually give gifts for Christmas?
- Have you celebrated Christmas in another country?
- Do you remember how you family celebrated christmas when you were a little kid?
- Did yon enjoy last christmas? What did you like about it?
- Do you have any special movie that you like to watch on Christmas?
- Do you attend any special religious ceremonies during the Christmas season?
Holidays Conversation Questions: Thanksgving
- What do you know about Thanksgiving?
- Do you celebrate thanksgiving?
- Do you buy item online during Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
- What did you do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid?
- What are some Thanksgiving traditions in your family?
For more information about Thanksgiving Conversation questions and Vocabulary. Check my Thanksgiving Conversation Questions Post
Holidays Conversation Questions: Halloween
- Is Halloween an important day in your country?
- Is Halloween celebrated in your country?
- Do religious people have negative opinions about Halloween?
- Did you go trick or treating as a child?
- Why do you like to celebrate Halloween?
- Do you think Halloween is dangerous?
- What do you think that some people don’t like Halloween?
Holidays Conversation Questions: Independence Day
- When is Independence day celebrated in your country?
- How is Independence day celebrated in your country?
- What do you like the most about celebrating independence day?
- Do cities organize parades during this holiday?
Other Holidays Conversation Questions
- What holidays do you celebrate?
- What holidays do you really look forward to?
- What are some of the public holiday in your country?
- Do you go to parties during the new year celebrations?
- What are your favorite religious holidays?
- What do you know about foreign holidays?
- Are there any holidays that you really don’t like?
- Does your countries have parades during certain holidays?
- What Holidays do you consider stressful?
- Do you prefer summer or winter holidays?
- What are the most popular destinations for tourists in your country during some holidays?
- Is it better to stay at home on holidays or go somewhere?
- What holiday food do you like?
- How far in advance do you plan your holidays?
- What’s the most important holiday in your country?
- Describe your dream holiday !