Holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun. They give us the opportunity to take a break from work or school and enjoy some much-needed relaxation.
There may be questions that we all ask ourselves from time to time such as
|What are some fun facts about holidays?|
|What kind of traditions do you have on your family’s holiday?|
|What is your favorite Christmas movie?|
|What is your favorite holiday song?|
In this blog post, you will find the most common questions people ask about holidays!
Table of Contents
List of Holidays in the USA
The United States is a nation that has been profoundly shaped by the diversity of its people. The following are some of the most celebrated holidays in the United States.
|February 14||Valentine’s Day|
|March 17||Saint Patrick’s Day|
|December 31 |
|New Year’s Day (New Year’s Eve)|
|May 8–14 |
|July 4th||Independence Day (Fourth of July)|
Holidays Conversation Questions
These are some holidays questions to ask your students so you can assess their speaking skills
These are some of the general questions that you can ask about holidays
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- When is that holiday celebrated?
- Do you celebrate that holiday with your family or with your friends?
- Is gift giving a part of that holiday?
- What do you like the most about that holiday?
- Is that holiday a religious activity?
- What holidays do you celebrate?
- What holidays do you really look forward to?
- What are some of the public holiday in your country?
- Do you go to parties during the new year celebrations?
- What are your favorite religious holidays?
- What do you know about foreign holidays?
- Are there any holidays that you really don’t like?
- Does your countries have parades during certain holidays?
- What Holidays do you consider stressful?
- Do you prefer summer or winter holidays?
- What are the most popular destinations in your country during some holidays?
- Is it better to stay at home on holidays or go somewhere?
- What holiday food do you like?
- How far in advance do you plan your holidays?
- What’s the most important holiday in your country?
- Describe your dream holiday !
Holidays Conversation Questions: Christmas
These are some of the most common questions that people have about Christmas
- Do you decorate your house for Christmas?
- What do you do on Christmas?
- What’s the best gift you have received on Christmas?
- Do you usually give gifts for Christmas?
- Have you celebrated Christmas in another country?
- Do you remember how you family celebrated christmas when you were a little kid?
- Did yon enjoy last christmas? What did you like about it?
- Do you have any special movie that you like to watch on Christmas?
- Do you attend any special religious ceremonies during the Christmas season?
Holidays Conversation Questions: Thanksgving
These are some of the most common questions that people have about thanksgiving
- What do you know about Thanksgiving?
- Do you celebrate thanksgiving?
- Do you buy item online during Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
- What did you do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid?
- What are some Thanksgiving traditions in your family?
For more information about Thanksgiving Conversation questions and Vocabulary. Check my Thanksgiving Conversation Questions Post
Holidays Conversation Questions: Halloween
These are some of the most common questions that people have about Halloween
- Is Halloween an important day in your country?
- Is Halloween celebrated in your country?
- Do religious people have negative opinions about Halloween?
- Did you go trick or treating as a child?
- Why do you like to celebrate Halloween?
- Do you think Halloween is dangerous?
- What do you think that some people don’t like Halloween?
Holidays Conversation Questions: Independence Day
These are some of the most common questions people have about independence day
- When is Independence day celebrated in your country?
- How is Independence day celebrated in your country?
- What do you like the most about celebrating independence day?
- Do cities organize parades during this holiday?
We hope you have a great conversation with the help of these questions about holidays.
What other questions should we include in our list?
You can send a message on Facebook with additional questions to make this list better
More ESL Conversation Questions
These are some posts with more ESL conversation that you might want to check out