Questions about the environment can raise awareness about the importance of protecting the planet we live on.
I love using conversation questions with my students because these can help me know to understand how much students know about any particular topic.
Before checking the most common questions about the environment, let’s define what environment is:
The sum total of all surroundings of a living organism, including natural forces and other living things, which provide conditions for development and growth as well as of danger and damage. See also environmental factorsEnvironment – Business Dictionary
No, we know what the word environment means, let’s check the most common conversation that you can make about this topic.
Table of Contents
Environment Conversation Questions
These are some general questions about the environment
- What’s the definition of Environment?
- What do people do to protect the environment?
- How do people damage the environment?
- Do People in your country protect the environment?
- What can you do to protect the environment in your city?
- What can the government do to protect the environment?
- What would you do to save our environment?
- Why are environmental issues important?
Environment Questions and Pollutions
The environment is affected by the pollution that we create, these are some general questions that deal with the causes and effects of pollution in the environment
- Are you concerned about pollution?
- How many types of pollution can you think of?
- Is there a lot of pollution in your country?
- What are some of the effects of pollution in the environment?
- How can we prevent pollution?
- What can you start doing to pollute less?
- What are the effects of pollution on Animals?
- What are the effects of pollution on People?
- What are the 5 major environmental problems?
What Would You do in These Situations?
These are some questions about the actions that you would take if you found yourself in any of these situations
- What would you do if you see a company truck dumping trash into a river?
- What would you do if a friend throws trash in the streets
- What would you do if a hotel is polluting the sea with waste water?
- What would you do if you realize that people are hunting illegally?
What are your thoughts on these?
- What sustainable and eco-friendly alternatives can be promoted to replace conventional vehicle?
- How can urban planning and public transportation systems be designed to reduce traffic congestion?
- What do you think about environmental-friendly cars?
- Would you like to own a hybrid or an electric car?
The Environment and Recycling
These are some important questions about recycling and the environment
- What do you think about recycling?
- Do you recycle?
- What exactly do you recycle?
- Does the government do something to facilitate recycling?
- How can consumer education and awareness be enhanced to encourage responsible consumption?
- What are the environmental and economic benefits of implementing a comprehensive recycling program?
Raising awareness of the environment through environmental discussion questions is a great way to engage students in meaningful conversations and promote environmental consciousness.
Here are some teaching ideas:
Debates: Assign students to teams and have them debate environmental topics. This encourages research, critical thinking, and public speaking skills. Possible debate topics include:
- “Should plastic bags be banned in our community?”
- “Is nuclear energy a viable solution to reduce carbon emissions?”
- “Is it ethical to use animals for scientific research?”
Case Studies: Present real-life environmental case studies and ask students to analyze the situation, identify the key issues, and propose solutions. For example:
- Study the impact of a local pollution incident on the ecosystem.
- Examine the success of a specific conservation project.
The world is changing at an alarming rate. If we don’t take action soon, the environment will be beyond repair and pollution levels will reach a breaking point that can never be reversed.
What are you going to do about it? Can you help save our planet by taking small steps in your everyday life or using sustainable products like reusable water bottles?
Whatever change you make, even if it’s something as simple as recycling today for the first time, every little bit helps!
I hope you have found these environment discussion questions useful.
These are some conversation questions that you might be interested in
- 50 Questions about Facebook
- 50 Questions about Animals
- 30 Brilliant Conversation Starters for the ESL Classroom
- 100 Conversation Questions about Careers and Jobs
- 30 Great Mass Media Conversation Questions
- 30 Nature Conversation Questions
- 70 Conversation Questions about Family
- 50 Conversation Questions about Entertainment
- 70 School Conversation Questions
- 20 Hotel Conversation Questions