Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in Canada, the United States, some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia.
It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Similarly named festival holidays occur in Germany and Japan.
Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States, and around the same part of the year in other places.
Although Thanksgiving has historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, it has long been celebrated as a secular holiday as well
Thanksgiving Conversation Questions
- What do you know about Thanksgiving?
- Is Thanksgiving celebrated in your country?
- What foods do you usually eat for Thanksgiving?
- What time do people start eating during Thanksgiving?
- What do you do after the Thanksgiving dinner?
- What are some of your Thanksgiving family traditions?
- Do you have any Thanksgivng memories?
- Where do you go for Thanksgiving?
- What’s your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal?
- How did you celebrate last Thanksgiving?
- What are you most thankful for?
For more conversation questions, visit this page