In this post, you will find all you need to know to make a sentence with the verb take.
The word “take” has different uses and meanings. Some of the most common uses of “take” include:
- To grasp or grip with the hands: She took the book from the shelf.
- To remove or pick up: Can you take these dishes to the kitchen?
- To obtain or receive: He took the prize for first place.
- To consume or eat: She took a bite of the sandwich.
- To bring or carry: He took the children to the park.
- To capture or record: The camera took a picture of the sunset.
- To require or need: It will take several hours to finish the project.
- To lead or guide: She took us on a tour of the city.
- To undergo or experience: She took the test with confidence.
- To consider or view: They took a different approach to the problem.
It is time to check all the sentences we can make with the verb “take” and different tenses in English
Table of Contents
Sentences with Take: Simple Present
This is the conjugation of the verb “take” in the simple present
These are some examples of sentences with take in the simple present
- I usually take the bus to work.
- She takes her coffee with sugar.
- They take a walk in the park every evening.
- The train takes two hours to reach the destination.
- You always take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- She takes her dog for a run every morning.
- They take the scenic route to the beach.
- I take a nap after lunch every day.
Sentences with Take: Simple Past
This is the conjugation of the verb “take” in the simple past
These are some examples of sentences with take in the simple past
- I took the bus to work yesterday.
- They took a walk in the park every evening.
- He took his breakfast at 7 am yesterday morning.
- You took the stairs instead of the elevator yesterday.
- She took her dog for a run yesterday morning.
- I took a nap after lunch yesterday.
Sentences with Take: Simple Future
This is the conjugation of the verb “take” in the simple future
|I will take|
|You will take|
|He will take|
|She will take|
|It will take|
|They will take|
|We will take|
These are some examples of sentences with take in the simple future
- I will take some vacations
- You will take beautiful pictures
- He will take other options
- The process will take several hours
- She will take a chance
- They will take turns
- We will take a different approach
Sentences with Take: Present Continuous
This is the conjugation of the verb “take” in the present continuous
|I am taking|
|You are taking|
|He is taking|
|She is taking|
|It is taking|
|They are taking|
|We are taking|
These are some examples of sentences with take in the present continuous
- I am taking advantage of this opportunity
- She is taking care of her children
- He is taking a nap
- We are taking a cab
- They are taking a train
- The plane is taking off
Collocations with Take
These are some of the most common collocations with take
|take advantage of||They took advantage of the sale.|
|take care of||I have to take care of my sick mother.|
|take charge of||The manager took charge of the team.|
|take off||The plane took off on time despite the strong winds.|
|take on||She took on a new challenge and started a new job.|
|take over||The new CEO took over the company|
Passive Voice Sentences with Take
These are some examples of passive voice with take
- Her dog was taken for a run by her every morning.
- Two hours were taken to reach the destination
- The bus was taken to the mechanic
- Not many pictures were taken after the concert