How to Talk about Likes and Dislikes at Work
- Work alone
- work with people
- work with children
- work part-time
- work full-time
- wear a uniform
- work inside
- work outside
- work outdoors
- work in an office
- have the same routine
- work under pressure
- have a lot of responsibilities
- work long hours
- work on the weekends
- work overtime
- work in an office
- work for successful companies
- work on my computer
- Travel with work
- help people
- deal with difficult customers
- Do you like using computers?
- How do you feel about working in teams?
- Do you hate making phone calls?
- Do you love working with figures?
- What do you thing about dealing with the public?
- Do you love meeting people?
- Why don’t you like working under pressure?
- Do you dislike dealing with the public?
- Do you like travelling?
- Why don’t you like attending meetings?
- Do you really like selling things?
- Do you like helping people?
Lesson Plan: Likes and Dislikes at Work
Schema Activation (10 mins)
- Teacher shows two pictures, one of a man and another of a woman talking about likes, dislikes and preferences in the workplace and then they play the hangman to figure out the topic that we are studying today (10 mins)
Pre-Task (90 mins)
- Teacher reviews key vocabulary using a Quizlet Set and two pictures to learn more about the simple present grammar rules (15 mins)
- Students complete a survey making questions to their classmates and they have to talk about each other preferences (20 mins)
- Students are given a dialogue in which Dan and Brad talk about their needs to find a job and things they are looking in potential jobs. ( 10 mins)
- Students are given a powerpoint presentation and they have to read the sentences and indicate if those statements are true for themselves. (10 mins)
- Students are given a set of 12 sentences, they have to listen to a dialogue in which a musician, a hairdresser and a lawyer talk about their jobs. Students match the sententences with the professional who said it. (15 mins)
- Students are given a dialogue with missing ideas that they have to complete so they can practice with their partners (20 mins)
Main Task (30 mins)
Students prepare a short script in which they talk about the following:
- an introduction that includes, your name, company and position
- three things that you like about your jobs
- three things that you don’t like about your job
- three adjectives to describe your current job
Post- Task ( 25 Mins)
- Students complete a little Kahoot Quiz about grammar studied today ( 10 mins)
- Students are given a set of sentences, they have to read them and correct the mistakes they have ( 15 mins)