Environment & Pollution
Environmental Pollution Vocabulary
- Acid Rain
- carbon dioxide
- to contaminate
- to disappear
- to dump
- Global Warming
- Greenhouse Effect
- To Protect
- Toxic Waste
- Wind Energy
- Waste Paper
- I think we should…
- I think that one of the biggest causes of …
- One of the measures that we can take …
- One way to prevent air pollution is…
- Another way to prevent soil polution is…
Environmental Pollution Questions
- What are the basic causes of Environmental Problems?
- What household items should be recycled?
- What can you do help prevent pollution?
- Why should we recycle?
- What can we do to protect forests?
- What’s the most polluted country of the world?
- What do you think about using of the chemical fertilizers and pesticides?
- What’s one of the worst environmental disaster in history?
- What is acid rain?
- What’s a hybrid car? How does it help the environment?
- What’s the greenhouse effect?
Water Pollution Vocabulary and Questions
Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies (e.g. lakes, rivers, oceans, aquifers and groundwater), very often by human activities.
Water Pollution Vocabulary
|body of wate||water quality|
|Surface water||Ocean water|
Water Pollution Exercises
Read the options and identify if it is cause and effect or a way to prevent water pollution
- Sewage and waste water:___________________________________
- Use water wisely:___________________________________________
- Do not throw chemicals down the sink:______________________________
- Septic Tanks:______________________________________
- Don’t throw rubbish to rivers:______________________________
- Don’t overuse fertilizers:____________________________________
- Disruption of food-chains:__________________________________
- Ocean and marine dumping:________________________________
- Don’t overuse fertilizers:_____________________________________
- Destruction of ecosystems:___________________________________
- Industrial waste:_____________________________________________
- Oil Pollution by Oil Industries:__________________________________
- Death of aquatic animals:_____________________________________
- How can we control water pollution?
- What are some solution to toxic dumping in our oceans?
- What’s water pollution?
- What are some types of water pollution?
- How do we detect water pollution?
- What is acid rain and how does it develop?
- How does urbanization contribute to water pollution?
- How does industralization contribute to water pollution?
- How does deforestation contribute to water pollution?
- What can you do to prevent water pollution?
- What are some water pollution sources?
- What are the effects of water pollution on humans?
- What are the effects of water pollution on animals?
- What are some of the effects of plastic consumption in the environment?
- What are some ways we can help people get clean drinking water?
- How can water pollution be controlled?
- Rivers in your country. How polluted are they? Would you swim in them?
Air Pollution Vocabulary and Questions
What is air pollution?
Air pollution occurs when gases, dust particles, fumes or odour are introduced into the atmosphere in a way that makes it harmful to humans, animals and plants.
Air Pollution typically separated into two categories:
- Outdoor air pollution
- Indoor air pollution.
Causes of Air Pollution
- Emissions from Industries
- Burning Fossil Fuels
- Household and farming chemicals
Effects of Air Pollution
- Respiratory and heart problems
- Global warming
- Acid Rain
- Effect on Wildlife
- Depletion of Ozone layer
Solutions to Air Pollution
- Use public mode of transportation
- Conserve energy
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Emphasis on clean energy resources
- Use energy efficient devices
Air Pollution Conversation Questions
- What’s air pollution?
- What are the main sources of air pollution?
- What’s the main cause of air pollution?
- What should we do to reduce air pollution?
- Carpooling is a way to reduce air pollution, what stops from carpooling to work?
- What measures have been taken by your government to reduce air pollution?
- What are the main effects of air pollution?
- What cities in the world are affected by air pollution?
- What’s smog?
- How can we control air pollution?
- How might air pollution affect me?
- Should I walk or cycle instead of taking the car?
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go:
- English Lessons on EnglishPost.Org
- English Grammar Lessons on Englishpost.org
- ESL Conversation Questions