Careers and Jobs
A job, or occupation, is a person’s role in society. More specifically, a job is an activity, often regular and often performed in exchange for payment (“for a living”).
Many people have multiple jobs. A person can begin a job by becoming an employee, volunteering, starting a business, or becoming a parent.
The duration of a job may range from temporary to a lifetime.
Conversation Questions about Careers and Jobs
- Do you like your job?
- What motivates a person to change his/ her job?
- How do you like your job?
- Do you like working alone or in group?
- Do you like team work?
- How much money do you consider a decent salary?
- What shift do you like to work?
- What skills and qualifications do you have?
- What’s your dream job?
- At what age do people usually retire in your country?
- How difficult is to have your own business?
- Do you like working overtime?
- Do you like to work indoors?
- Do you like working outdoors?
- Can you describe some of the people that you work with?
- Can you describe your current job?
- What was your first job?
- Do you like your boss?
- How many days a week do you work?
- How many hours a week do you work?
- What jobs are fun / boring?
- What jobs do you consider way too dangerous?
- What are some of the worst jobs you can think of?
- What are some of the best jobs you can think of?
- How long do you want to work?
Careers and Jobs: Worksheet
Download Worksheet here