A social network is a website that allows people with similar interests to come together and share information, photos, and videos.
The 10 most popular social media sites are:
Social media has become extremely popular over the past decade because it provides a way for people from all around the world to communicate instantly through text, pictures, or videos.
These questions will explore what social media is exactly and how it affects our lives today
Table of Contents
Social Networks Conversation Questions: In General
These are some general questions about social networks
- What social networks do you usually use?
- What social networks did you use to have?
- How much time do you spend on social media?
- What are some benefits of having social networks in our lives?
- What are some bad points of having social networks
- What type of information should you include in your social network?
- What’s the best social networking site?
- What new features would you like to see on social networking sites?
- Are social networking sites dangerous?
- Would you prefer to meet new people at a party or online?
Social Networks Conversation Questions: Instagram
These are some Instagram conversation questions
- How often do you post pictures on Instagram?
- Do you post stories on Instagram?
- Do you think that posting memes on Instagram doesn’t belong?
- Have you ever tried Instagram questions?
- Do you follow celebrities on Instagram?
Social Networks Conversation Questions: Facebook
These are some conversation questions about Facebook
- Have you ever created a Facebook page?
- What are some examples of Facebook pages that you follow?
- How much time do you spend on Facebook?
- Aren’t you worried about the amount of time people spend on Facebook?
- Should a minor use Facebook?
- Is Facebook safe for minors?
- Do you accept friend requests from strangers on Facebook?
- Do you usually post memes on Facebook?
- How many friends have you got on Facebook?
- What’s the friend limit on Facebook?
Social Networks Conversation Questions: Twitter
These are some conversation questions about Twitter
- What do you think about Twitter?
- Who do you follow on Twitter?
- Do you follow live events on Twitter?
- How often do you use Twitter?
Social Networks Reading Comprehension
Social Networks have changed the way we live. Social Networks keep the same goal which is connecting people but each of them has a special feature that makes them stand out among the others.
Facebook: The site was launched in 2004 and it has more than 1.5 billion users, users can upload pictures, post a status about everything they do such as the book they’re reading, the movie or show they are watching and the music they are listening to, their location and so much more.
Twitter: It is a networking site where I can share pictures, links, and texts in short 140-word messages called tweets, People usually post on Twitter during live events so Twitter is considered the SMS of the Internet due to the amount of messages people tweet. The site was launched on 2006
LinkedIn: This social network isn’t necessarily for youngsters, the site was launched in 2003 as a site to promote professional relationships. On LinkedIn, you can post your resume, follow companies you are interested in, bookmark jobs, and congratulate each other on new employments.
Instagram: The site was acquired by Facebook in 2012 after its initial release in 2013, Instagram’s main feature is the option to upload your photographs and short 15 second videos and share them with friends.
Vine: Vine is a short-form video-sharing service. Founded in June 2012, it was acquired by microblogging website Twitter in October 2012, The service allows users to record and edit six-second long video clips called vines,
Google +: It’s a social networking and identity service that is owned by Google Inc. You can do most of the things that you do on Facebook with it, the site was launched in 2011 and it is linked to other Google products such as Gmail and Youtube.
Pinterest: It’s described as a visual discovery tool where you can collect ideas for projects and interests in boards, the site was launched in 2010 and 83 % of the Pinterest users are women.
Read the text and determine if the statements are true or false.
- Facebook was launched before LinkedIn:_____________
- Vine was acquired by Facebook:____________________
- Instagram videos are longer than vine videos:___________
- Instagram was acquired by Twitter on 2012:_____________
- Pictures can be uploaded to vine:______________________
- Resumes can be posted on LinkedIn:__________________
- Tweets are one hundred and fifty word messages:__________
- Vine and Instagram were founded on the same year:__________
- Twitter is considered a micro blogging site:_____________
- Vines are fifteen second video clips:___________
- Twitter was launched two years after facebook; ____________
- Youtube belongs to Google Inc:___________
- Pinterest is only for women:_____________
More ESL Conversation Questions
These are some posts that you might want to check out