To talk about conversation questions about celebrities, we have to start by defining what a celebrity is.
A Celebrity or the slang term celeb, refers to the fame and public attention accorded by the mass media to individuals or groups but is usually applied to the persons or groups of people (celebrity couples, families, etc.) themselves who receive such a status of fame and attention.
Celebrity status is often associated with wealth, while fame often provides opportunities to earn revenue.
Successful careers in sports and entertainment are commonly associated with celebrity status, while political leaders often become celebrities.
People may also become celebrities due to media attention on their lifestyle, wealth, or controversial actions, or for their connection to a famous person.
Conversation Questions about Celebrities
Practice speaking with these conversation questions about celebrities
- What is a celebrity?
- Have you ever met a celebrity? What did you do? Where were you
- What do you think about paparazzi?
- Would you like to make a living as paparazzi?
- How much money do paparazzi make?
- Do you think that working a paparazzi is invading somebody else´s privacy?
TV Shows and Social Media
- Do you watch gossip TV programs ?
- Have you ever watched TMZ?
- Do you have any favorite TV show from the E Entertainment Television?
- What celebrities do you follow on social media?
- Do you follow Entertainment News pages or sites?
- Why are so many people obsessed with celebrities?
- Do you like reading about celebrities in magazines, online etc.?
- Who is your favorite actor/ actress? Can you name some of his/ her movies?
- Who is your favorite singer?
- What’s your favorite band?
- Which two celebrities would you like to interview?
- Have you ever been to a concert?
- Have you ever been to a music festival?
- Which celebrity do you not like? Why?
- If you could spend one whole day with a famous person, who would you spend the day with? Where would you go?
- What would your life be like if you were famous
- Do you think celebrities like being celebrities?
- Do you think fighters like Conor McGregror are celebrities?
- Which celebrity would you like to swap places with?
- If you became rich a famous today, what would you do first?
- Would you like to be in a relationship with a celebrity?
- What kind of influence does a celebrity have?
- o you have to be beautiful to become a celebrity?
- Do you have to be intelligent or talented to become a celebrity?
- Would you ever marry someone famous?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity?
- What do you think of fans and fan-clubs ?
- Would you like to be famous? Why?
- Are famous people happy?
- If you were a celebrity, would you date fans?
- Should celebrities be role models? Would you be happier if you were famous?
- How would your life change if you became famous?
These are some answers to some of the conversation questions about celebrities above:
- I have never met a real famous person in my life.
- Sometimes I watch entertainment news on TV
- I used to watch some TV shows on E Entertainment Television
- I don’t follow TMZ but sometimes their video clips appear in my Facebook newsfeed.
- I think anybody can be a celebrity and that include fighters, have you ever heard of Anderson Silva?
- I don’t hate celebrities, it is kind of difficult to hate somebody you have never met.
- Celebrities don’t have to be role models however they have a huge influence on people, if they can be role models and famous at the same time that would be awesome.
More ESL Conversation Questions
Did you find these conversation questions about celebrities useful?
This one of our newest secitons. Use these questions to promote speaking in the classroom.
- 50 Conversation Questions about Entertainment
- Conversation Questions about Careers and Jobs
- Social Networks Conversation Questions
- 50 Conversation Questions about Computers
- 70 Music Conversation Questions
- 30 Brilliant Conversation Starters for the ESL Classroom
- 70 School Conversation Questions
- 100 Great Health Conversation Questions
- 32 Immigration Discussion Questions
- Friends Conversation Questions
- ESL Conversations: 50 Conditional Questions