How To Make a Restaurant Reservation
Listen to the audio file and complete the conversation
Making a Reservation
Hostess: Thank you for calling Sakia Restaurant. How may I help you?
Randy: I’d like to make a reservation.
Hostess: For which ____________ and for what ___________________?
Randy: It’s for ________________________, the 24th, at 7 o’clock.
Hostess: How many will be in the party?
Randy: There will be ___________________ of us.
Hostess: And the name on the _________________?
Hostess: And a phone _______________________where we can reach you?
Hostess: Okay. Let me repeat back to you the __________________________I have. This is a reservation for the Friday after next for seven at 7 p.m. Is that correct?
Randy: Yes, that’s right. Can we have a ______________ by the window in a non-___________________section? I want to be away from the kitchen, if possible.
Hostess: Our restaurant is all non-smoking. We can’t guarantee a window table, but I’ll note your preference.
Randy: Okay, that’s fine. What’s the __________________situation at the __________________?
Hostess: We have a parking lot behind the restaurant, and we also have valet parking. Do any of the guests have ____________________needs?
Randy: I’m glad you asked. I’ll need two high chairs and four booster seats.
Hostess: I’m sorry, but did you say two high ____________________ and four booster seats?
Randy: Yes, I did. I’m taking all of my nieces and nephews out to ________________________.
Hostess: That sounds nice. It should be a lively evening.
Randy: You’re telling me!
How to Make Reservations in English
- How can I help you?
- I’d like a room.
- How much is a single room?
- Is there a pool?
- What time is checkout?
- Do you accept VISA/Mastercard?
- How may I help you?
- Can I have your name please?
- How do you spell that?
- Would you like a single or a double?
- How many people are you traveling with?
- How many nights will you be staying?
- How will you be paying?
- Would you like a wake-up call?
- Is there anything else you would like to know?
Type of Hotel Rooms
- Single: A room assigned to one person. May have one or more beds.
- Double: A room assigned to two people. May have one or more beds.
- Triple: A room assigned to three people. May have two or more beds.
- Quad: A room assigned to four people. May have two or more beds
Lesson Plan: How to Make a Reservation in English
- Students turn on their cellphones.
- They google kahoot and visit this site using their phone browser.
- Students uses this kahoot to review the contents studied last week.
- Students are sent a polldaddy quiz
- They answer the quiz and inmmediately see the results
- Students are sent a piece of paper with questions that hotel employees ask when making a reservation.
- Students make pairs and practice asking those questions
- They change partners and practice with somebody else
- Students are sent a PowerPoint Presentation with facilities and services offered by the hotel.
- Student have to make question based on the picture. Such as:
- Does the room have cable TV?
- They practice asking and answering questions
- Teacher chooses 5 students to be the front desk staff
- The rest of the students are customers
- The front desk staff ask questions to the customer and fill out a form.
- Teacher reviews common mistakes made during the previous tasks
More Task-Based Lesson Plans
- Lessons: How to Order Food in English
- How To Make Comparisons in English
- How to Give Directions in English
- How to Give Directions Inside Buildings
- English Lessons:: How to Make Reservations in English
- English Lessons: How to Go Shopping in English
- How to Talk about Good and Services
- How to Talk about Places Around Town
- How to Express Likes and Dislikes in English