The Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) or TOEIC Test is “an English language test designed specifically to measure the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment.
The test takes approximately 2½ hours, with:
|45 minutes for Section I||Listening|
|75 minutes for Section II||Reading|
|30 minutes to answer questions||Speaking|
Let’s explore several things that you need to know to pass the TOEIC Test
Table of Contents
- What are the Parts of the TOEIC?
- TOEIC Results
- TOEIC Tips and Tricks
- The Best 20 Resources to Pass the TOEIC
- Toeic Preparation: ETS
- Can Pacific College
- English Tests
- Tactics for the TOEIC
- Target TOEIC
- 600 Essential words for the TOEIC
- Target Score
- Skills for the TOEIC Test
- EFSET Test
- TOEIC Word List
- TOEIC Test PDF
- TOEIC Apps
- Need more Resources?
What are the Parts of the TOEIC?
Test takers listen to a variety of questions and short conversations recorded in English, then answer questions based on what they have heard (100 items total).
|Part 4||Short Talks|
Test takers read a variety of materials and respond at their own pace (100 items total).
|Part 5:||Incomplete Sentences|
|Part 6:||Error Recognition or Text Completion|
|Part 7:||Reading Comprehension|
After you take the TOEIC Exam, Your TOEIC results will be given to you using The Common European Framework Reference Scale.
The Scale is divided into three levels:
|A1 — A2||Basic User|
|B1 — B2||Independent User|
|C1 — C2||Proficient User)|
TOEIC Tips and Tricks
These are some TOEIC Tips and Tricks to help you get the best score possible
- First of all, Don’t try to cut corners, you need to make an effort to learn the language, especially if you call yourself a teacher. The TOEIC test is not something that you prepare for overnight so take your time and plan in advance.
- The TOEIC service list can help you learn the key vocabulary to understand questions, answers, texts, and listening passages. Basically, a TOEIC service list is a list of keywords that often are found in TOEIC Exams.
- In the listening section, I like to take a few seconds to read the questions before I listen to the listening passage, doing that I get to know what I have to listen for, that’s called listening for details. Some test takers, listen to the passage first and then try to answer the question but they forgot the passage as they read the questions.
- In the reading section, do the math and try to find out how many seconds or minutes you can spend dealing with each question.
- Try to avoid distractions the day before you take the TOEIC Test, make sure you don’t start any troubles at home, try not to get the flu, and sleep well the night before. Test Takers who arrive at the examination classroom thinking or concerned about something else tend to get poor results.
- Read the TOEIC Test handbook so you know what to expect, if you have never taken the test before, make sure you do everything to make that situation predictable, I mean you have to know what comes first and what’s next. Be in control.
- Talk to those successful language learners who have got great results and ask them for a piece of advice and don’t take advice from those who didn’t have a pleasant experience and desired TOEIC scores.
- Know the level that you have right now, you can do that without paying a fee by visiting the EF Standard English Test. If you get a low score on that test, don’t expect to get a C1 on the real test. Let’s be realistic!
- Practice under real test conditions, don’t expect to deliver if you practice for short periods of time and under unreal circumstances.
- Don’t try to translate during the reading section, scan the text and look for the information that you need. Believe me, there is no time to check the meaning of every word, line, and text.
- If you get distracted during the listening section, mark the option that makes more sense. For example, If I couldn’t listen for option A, I still listen attentively for options B, C, and D, if the last three seem like incorrect answers. I choose A even though I have no clue what it says.
- Manage stress, stay calm, and no matter how hard you think the test is, stress won’t help.
- Love, Learn, and Live English, there is no magic trick that can take you from A1 to B2/C1 in two weeks.
The Best 20 Resources to Pass the TOEIC
Everyone wants to Pass the TOEIC test because the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test has set the standard for assessing English language skills used in the workplace.
There are plenty of resources to help you pass the test. Here is a list of the best resources I could find on the web to help you with your TOEIC preparation.
Toeic Preparation: ETS
ETS provides you with sample questions so the surprise isn’t a factor. These are two files that every first-timer should read.Ets.org
- TOEIC® Listening and Reading Examinee Handbook (PDF).
- TOEIC® Listening and Reading Sample Test (PDF).
5 TOEIC Simulation Tests (Practice Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 1 (Practice Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 2 (Practice Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 3 (Practice Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 4 (Practice Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 5 (Practice Mode)
5 TOEIC Simulation Tests ( Exam Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 1 (Exam Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 2 (Exam Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 3 (Exam Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 4 (Exam Mode)
- TOEIC Simulation Test 5 (Exam Mode)
Can Pacific College
Can Pacific College: You will be given two hours to complete the whole test. The test consists of 200 questions divided into two sections: The questions in this practice test are very similar to the actual TOEIC® test.
English Tests: You can take free interactive questions to increase yout TOEIC vocabulary and learn the TOEIC words.
In addition, you can speak to other people who are preparing for the TOEIC to share experiences on the TOEIC forum.
This test consists of two sections and takes 2.5 hours to complete. Test questions are based on real-life work settings in an international environment.
|Part 5: Incomplete sentences|
|Part 6: Error Recognition|
|Part 7: Reading comprehension|
|Reading 8: Double Passages|
Online Toeic Training gives you an experience similar to the previous four recommendations, there is no shortage of resources for you to succeed in your goals.
Start practicing right away by clicking the following link:
You will find an interactive test that help you learn the core vocabulary of the TOEIC test.
Tactics for the TOEIC
If you know your way around the web, Rieebook has provided us with a link to download the book “Tactics For TOEIC Listening and reading test ” The files are hosted in mediafire , if you consider a book might help you, please take a look at the website
Target TOEIC Second Edition is designed to provide thorough and realistic preparation for the TOEIC test through authentic test practice. In order to ensure that students are getting authentic test practice, this new edition has been updated to incorporate changes recently made to the TOEIC test.
600 Essential words for the TOEIC
Updated to reflect the most recent TOEIC, this test preparation book focuses on 600 words commonly used on the TOEIC. Words are taught in 50 vocabulary-building lessons that focus on American English as it is used in today’s business, industry, communications, and cultural activities
- File 600 Essential Words for the TOEIC.pdf
- File 600 Essential Words for TOEIC CD 1.zip
- File 600 Essential Words forTOEIC CD 2.zip
Revised to meet the needs of the new TOEIC® Test, this Second edition also provides effective, classroom-friendly lessons for active, communicative English
- File Target.Score_TB.pdf
- File Target.Score_SB.with.Test.Pack.pdf
- File CAMBRIDGE_2007_Target.Score_CD1.zip
- File CAMBRIDGE_2007_Target.Score_CD2.zip
- File CAMBRIDGE_2007_Target.Score_CD3.zip
Skills for the TOEIC Test
Speaking and Writing is a unique skills-based exam preparation course. TOEIC is a test of English proficiency for people in the workplace seeking to work in an international environment or looking for promotion within their organization.
|Skills for the TOEIC Test. Listening and Reading|
|Skills for the TOEIC Test Speaking and Writing|
|Skills for the TOEIC Test Speaking and Writing|
EFSET Test: You can take the online English tests as many times as you need to improve your results for free.
The EF SET is the most convenient and learner-centric English test in the world.
The EF SET (50 min) accurately measures all skill levels, beginner to proficient, in alignment with the internationally recognized standard, the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)null
TOEIC Word List
Now you can also study vocabulary using a TOEIC Word List, Remember that the greatest benefit of using these lists is that TOEIC Exams actually contain these words.
You can download those words by frequency and with definitions:
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (alphabetized) with a brief explanation of the corpus
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (alphabetized) lemmatized for research purposes
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (alphabetized) lemmatized for teaching purposes
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (by frequency)
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list with definitions in easy English
Links for TSL 1.1 word list:
- TSL/NGSL on VocabProfile text analysis tool
- TSL/NGSL file for use with AntWordProfiler text analysis tool
- TSL/NGSL on OGTE text analysis tool
- Link to free TSL 1.1 flashcards in Memrise with Japanese definitions
TOEIC Test PDF
You can print these files for you or your students so they can prepare for the TOEIC
- TOEIC TEST 1.pdf Document Adobe Acrobat 1.3 MB Télécharger
- Parts 1 and 2.pdf Document Adobe Acrobat 9.5 MBTélécharger
- 01 Listening Directions and Part 1 (QuesT Format Vidéo Windows Media 6.3 MB Télécharger)
- 02 Part 2 (Questions 11 to 40).wma Format Vidéo Windows Media 10.4 MB Télécharger
- Parts 3 and 4.pdf Document Adobe Acrobat 3.0 MB Télécharger
- 03 Part 3 (Questions 41 to 70).wma Format Vidéo Windows Media 12.1 MB Télécharger
- 04 Part 4 (Questions 71 to 100).wma Format Vidéo Windows Media 13.5 MB Télécharger
- Parts 5 and 6.pdf Document Adobe Acrobat 3.8 MB Télécharger
- Parts 7. pdf Document Adobe Acrobat 9.2 MB Télécharger
These are some of the TOEIC Apps available for Android and IOS
- “TOEIC Test – TOEIC Practice” application is an application that allows users to practice the questions according to the current format of the TOEIC.
- TOEIC Listening is an application that brings together more than 500 articles listen to high-quality sound will help you improve your English listening skills for TOEIC in the most natural way.
Need more Resources?
I hope that you have found everything necessary to pass the TOEIC test
These are some resources that you might want to have look at before you go