How to Talk about Good and Services
Vocabulary: Places around Town + Good and Services
- Airport: You can travel to another city.
- Bakery: you can buy fresh bread and cakes there.
- Bank: you deposit money or cash a check.
- Bookstore: you can buy books and magazines in that place.
- Bus station: You can take a bus to another city.
- Butcher’shop: You can buy fresh meat there.
- café: you can buy a cup of coffee, cakes or sandwiches.
- Church: You can pray and worship there.
- Department Store: You can buy clothes , appliances and so much more.
- Cinema/movies: you can see the latest movies there.
- Gas Station: You can buy fuel
- Gym: you can do exercises, weight training and keep fit there
- Beauty Salon: you go there when you want to cut your hair
- Hospital: you go there when you need a surgery .
- Hotel: where you can sleep when you visit another city
- Jail / Prison: criminals go there for a number of days or years
- Library: a place where you can read and borrow books
- Pharmacy/ Drugstore: you can buy medicines
- Police Station: when a person is arrested, the police takes him/her to this place
- Park: where you can rest, play or walk your dog
- Restaurant: you go there to buy meals and special dishes.
- School: a place where children learn
- Supermarket: You can buy food and drinks
Lesson Plan: How to Talk about Good and Services
- Students make three or four teams.
- They are given a wordle and they have to identify the vocabulary in it.
- Each group chooses a leader to do mimics so their team guesses the good or the service in the slips of paper.
- Teacher sends a presentation with sentences to students.
- Students read sentences and identify if these describe goods or services.
- They compare their answers with their classmates by using phrases such as:
- I think this is a good
- I think this is a service
- Teacher invites students to play this Kahoot Game so they can learn more about places and the good and services they offer.
- Students make pairs.
- They sit in a back to back position
- They have to talk each other and complete a matching about places and the good and services they offer
- Once they finished, they quiz each other using the information in it.
- Students record themselves talking about where to get good and services. They do the activity in groups of three.
- They record themselves and they make two questions to their classmates to make sure they are paying attention.
- Students are sent a google form.
- They complete the survey before they leave.
Vocabulary to Describe Products and Services
- Long Lasting
Phrases to Describe Products and Services
- Tell me about (this product)
- What can you tell me about (this product)?
- Can you give me some information/details about this?
- What is special/unique about this?
- What are the specifications?
- Let me tell you about . . .
- This is our (newest) product.
- This is one of our latest designs.
- It is made of . . .
- It can be used for . . .
- You can use it to . . .
- You can . . . with it
- This has/contains . . .
- This one features . . .
- This comes with . . .
- This is equipped with . . .
- This particular model . . .
- This is priced at . . .
- This costs . . .
- This product is the best because…
- This product is better than…
- One of the key feature of this product is …
- You can…
- This product helps you to…
- One of the main characteristics of the product is …
Describe Products and Services- Lesson Plan
Schema Activation ( 10 Mins)
The teacher is gonna show a part of an image and students have to figure out what the product is
Pre-Task (80 Mins)
Task #1. Teacher gives students a Quizlet Set with characteristics of different products and services, then the teacher shows a Powerpoint Presentation so students raise their hands and tell the characteristic that best describes the product or service shown in the presentation. (20 Mins)
Task #2: Teacher play a guessing games, students see a picture, they have to describe it and the other partner has to guess what product or service that is. (20 Mins)
Task #3: Students make pairs and they watch a video about the Iphone X and they have to note down the main features of that phone, they talk about their notes and after that they are given a worksheet that they have to complete based on the information shown in the video. (20 Mins)
Task #4: Students are given a piece of information about an electronical device, students have to understand the information and they have to pretend that they are selling the device to a customer, thay have to talk about the benefits of such device. (20 Mins)
Main- Task ( 40 Mins)
- Students will be given a Powerpoint Presentation, the presentation has products and services. Students has to describe the products and services from the Powerpoint using at least 5 characteristics.
- They have to present the information to their classmates without reading and both have to talk when presenting information about each product.
Post-Task (30 Mins)
- Students are given a wordle and they have to write as many sentences as they can during ten minutes. After that the teacher takes some sentences and ask students to correct them. (Pronunciation and Grammar is reinforced)
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go: