The Simple Present is the tense that we refer to events, actions, and conditions that are happening all the time, or exist now.
Check these simple present tense examples:
- I live in Madrid
- She loves you
- We don’t like electronic music
- They don’t know you
- Do you make people happy?
- Do you take calls
Continue reading so you can learn more about the uses of the simple present tense
Table of Contents
- 1 Simple Present Tense: Uses
- 2 Simple Present Tense Examples: Affirmative
- 3 Simple Present Tense Examples: Negative
- 4 Simple Present Tense Examples: Frequency Adverbs
- 5 Simple Present Tense Examples:Questions
- 6 Can you use the Simple Present Tense?
- 7 Simple Present Tense Examples: Right or Wrong?
- 8 More Information
Simple Present Tense: Uses
We use the present simple to talk about something that is true in the present:
- I am from Costa Rica
- I live in front of the catholic church
We use the present simple to talk something that happens regularly in the present:
- I play video games every day
- She never does yoga
We also use the present simple to talk about something that is fixed in the future:
- The University starts next week
- We fly to London next week
- The bus leaves at 7:55
Simple Present Tense Examples: Affirmative
These are some example of affirmative sentences
- I play soccer every day
- I make my own lunch
- I like to swim
- She loves her children
- She has a lot of patience
- She buys her groceries in a local store
- He sings every day
- He calls his mom every night
- He watches Television
- We forget things all the time
- We speak Spanish and French
- We need a job
Simple Present Tense Examples: Negative
These are some examples of negative sentences using the Simple Present
- I don’t know English
- I don’t have any money
- I don’t go to church
- She doesn’t like to run
- She doesn’t pray
- She doesn’t work
- He doesn’t have a beard
- He doesn’t like Aerobics
- He doesn’t try hard
- We don’t need a modern car
- We listen to Portugal the man
- We love Maroon 5
Simple Present Tense Examples: Frequency Adverbs
These are some examples of sentences that include frequency adverbs
- I never do yoda
- I never take photographs
- She always visits her mother
- She always runs in the park
- Sometimes he has a couple of drinks after work
- Sometimes he smokes a cigarette during lunch time.
- He often plays with us
- He often comes to the beach with us
- We usually watch Rick and Morty after school
- We usually listen to the Lumineers and Of Monster and Men
Simple Present Tense Examples:Questions
These are some examples of questions using the simple present:
- Do you have any money?
- No, I don’t
- Do you have a car?
- Yes, I do
- Does she need my help?
- Yes, she does
- Do you like Anime?
- Yes, I do
- Does he play video games?
- No, he doesn’t
These are some wh-questions with answers
- Where do you live?
- I live near the beach
- Who do you love?
- I love my family
- What do you do?
- I am a teacher
- How many languages do you know?
- I know English and Spanish
- What kind of movies do you like?
- I like drama Movies
Can you use the Simple Present Tense?
This is a simple exercises to see how much you already know about the simple present:
Finish these sentences with anything that comes to your mind:
- I have …
- I like to play…
- I don’t know how to …
- I know how to..
- I like to do …
- I love my…
- I miss…
- I am …
- She is my…
- Sometimes I…
Simple Present Tense Examples: Right or Wrong?
Read the following sentences and figure out if there is something wrong with them of if these are absolutely right.
If you aren’t sure, check the example:
- I live near the school
- I doesn’t know you
- She don’t play soccer very well
- She loves children
- Mario doesn’t sing that well
- Mario doesn’t have any money
- They listen always to music
- They never don’t watch TV
- You study really hard
- You don’t like the blue shirt
I hope that you have found all the present tenses that you were looking for
These are some posts related to grammar that you might want to check out