How is a very useful word and since questions with how are a big part of common conversations so let’s have a look at them.
How can be used with other words to make different types of questions For example:
- How far
- How long
- How much
- How many
Besides those, how can be used with adjectives to make questions for example:
- How confident are you?
- How easy is it ?
- How difficult do you think it is
Before we see the different types of questions you can make with the word how, remember that we can also use the word how to make negative and affirmative sentences.
Table of Contents
Questions with How Far
Among the many questions, we can make with how, we have how far.
How far means to what extent, distant or degree
These are some examples of questions with how far
- How far is the beach from here?
- How far can he walk?
- How far can she run?
- How far can we travel into this forest?
We can also make negative and affirmative sentences with how far
- I don’t know how far the beach is from here
- I am not sure about how far she can walk
- She knows how far can we walk into this forest
Sentences and Questions with How Long
We can make sentences and questions with how long.
How long means the following things:
- What length?
- What duration?
These are some examples of sentences that you can make with how long
- I don’t know how long the amazon river is
- She know how long that film is
- I am not sure how long that woman lived in that old house
These are some examples of questions with how
- How long is that piece of string
- How long is the flight?
- How long did you live up there?
- How long is the film?
Sentences and Questions with How Much
We use how much with countable nouns
These are some questions that you can make with how much:
- How much money do you have?
- I have like three dollars in my purse
- How much trouble did it cause?
- It was a pretty hard error to find
- How much tea would you like?
- I don’t feel like drinking tea today
- How much time do you have?
- I have 50 minutes to submit this homework
- How much fun did you have?
- Actually it was kinda boring
Sentences and Questions with How Many
These are some common questions with how many
- How many websites do you have?
- I have 7 sites
- How many Facebook Friends do you have?
- I have around 2000 Facebook Friends
- How many cats do you have?
- I have three cats and I also love dogs
- How many tickets did you buy?
- I bought tickets for the three of us
Questions with How + Adjective
You can make questions with how and adjectives by adding an adjective after it
- How well do you know Maria?
- She used to be my closest friend
- How quickly can you finish your homework?
- Just give five minutes
- How fast are you?
- It takes 4 minutes to run a kilometer
- How spicy is the food?
- The food is really spicy here
Questions and Answers with How
These are some of the most common questions with how
- How old are you?
- I am 25 years old
- How tall are you?
- I am almost 7 feet
- How are you?
- I am fine
- How much does the headphones cost?
- They cost around $20
Discussion Questions with How
These are some interesting questions with how
- How can you make money online?
- How can you make money from home?
- How many people do you know who can speak English?
- How long have you been learning English?
- How many people do you know who can speak Chinese?
- How many can beers can you drink in one night?
- How many days can you go without eating?
- How fast can you run?
- How much debt do you have?
- How long does it take to get to work by bus from your house?
- How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?
- How many hours of sleep do you get every night?
- How much money can you save each month?
- How much money do you have in your wallet?
- How tall are you?
- How beautiful is your crush?
- How many pair of jeans do you have?
- How difficult is to learn English?
Video: Questions with How
This is a video about questions with how that summarizes what you just read
These are some posts that you might find interesting