In this post, you will learn how to make sentences with “have” and “has” including questions and negative sentences
We use have and has to make all kinds of sentences with different tenses in English.
These are some examples of sentences with have and has:
|Simple Past||I have another credit card|
|Simple Past||She has many friends|
|Present Perfect||I have been to Italy|
|Present Perfect||She has paid all the bills|
|Present Perfect Progressive||I have been resting all day long|
|Present Perfect Progressive||She has been studying hard|
Table of Contents
Forms of the Verb ‘Has’
Continue reading so you can make sentences with “have” and “has” using different tenses in English
Have is an irregular verb and these are its three forms to make sentences and questions with all tenses in English
|Base||Have / Has|
Conjugation of the Verb ‘Have’
This is the conjugation of the verb ‘have’ with simple tenses
|Simple Past||I had|
|Simple Present Future||I have|
|Simple Future||I will have|
This is the conjugation of the verb ‘have’ with continuous tenses
|Past Continuous||I was having|
|Present Continuous||I am having|
|Future Continuous||I will be having|
This is the conjugation of the verb ‘have’ with perfect tenses
|Past Perfect||I had had|
|Present Perfect||I have had|
|Future Perfect||I will have had|
This is the conjugation of the verb ‘have’ with perfect progressive tenses
|Past Perfect Progressive||I had been having|
|Present Perfect Progressive||I have been having|
|Future Perfect Progressive||I will have been having|
Use of the Verb ‘Have’
These are some of the common uses of the verb ‘have’
|Things that we own or possess||I have a car|
|Events, actions, experiences, and activities||I had a party|
|Eating foods and meals||I had a coffee|
|Days or part of the days||I had a beautiful day|
|Conversation and Interactions||I need to have a word with you|
|Accidents and problems with cars||They had a crash|
|Sleeping||I had a good night’s sleep|
|Travel||Have a safe trip|
Sentences with Have and Has: Simple Present
These are some sentences with have and has using the simple present. These sentences show possession.
- I have a car
- I have a dog
- I have a computer
- She has a boyfriend
- She has a girlfriend
- She has three dogs
These are some negative sentences with the verb have
- He doesn’t have seven cats
- He doesn’t have a degree in English teaching
- He doesn’t have a red car
- We don’t have an extra computer
- We don’t have a lot of money
- We don’t have a spare tire
These sentences show that you have to do something
- They have to go to school
- They have to study for the exam
- They have to play harder
- We have to rent another car
- We have to spend more time with the kids
- We have to send the birthday invitations
Sentences with Have and Has: Present Perfect
These are some examples with sentences with have and has using the Present Perfect.
- I have been here before
- I have stayed in the hotel before
- I have spent my weekends with my family
- I have caught many criminals over the years
- She has rented a car
- She has made a cake for the birthday party
- She has collected many letters over the years
- She had found really good talent visiting small leagues
- He has called me
- He has said similar things in the past
- He has solved many problems in the past
Pay careful attention to these sentences which use the two meanings of the verb have.
- We have had many opportunities
- We have had a lot of free time
- We have had many problems over the years
- They have had lots of blessings
- They have had plenty of opportunities
- They have had some arguments
Questions and Answers with Have and Has
These are some questions and answers with have and has
- Do you have a dog?
- I have two dogs
- Do you have to run every day?
- Yes, I am preparing for a Marathon
- Do you have to do your homework?
- Don’t worry, I can do that later
- Have you had any issues?
- I solved as many tickets as I could
- Have you been to Norway?
- I have been to Norway a few times over the past two years
- Have you applied for that job?
- I have applied several times
- Have you spent time in Costa Rica?
- Yes, I spend all my summers there
- Have you visited your grandma?
- I visited my grandma the other day, she is fine
- Have you seen a ghost?
- I don’t believe in paranormal stuff
- When are you going to have your first baby?
- Probably in three years
Conversation Questions with Have
These are some examples of conversation questions with have
- Would you like to have more pets?
- Would you like to have a baby?
- Would you like to have a new car
- Did you have vacations last year?
- Did you have a good time on your last birthday?
- Did you have a birthday party this or last year?
- Have you ever had surgery?
- Have you ever suffered an accident?
- Have you ever been to a foreign country?
- Have you ever had feelings for a good friend?
- When are you going to have a baby?
- When are you planning to retire?
- Are you going to have vacations anytime soon?
- Are you going to have a new hairstyle?
I hope that you have found what you were looking for
These are related posts that you might want to check out before you leave
- 60 Sentences with Irregular Verbs
- 100 Verb to Be Examples
- 100 Present Perfect Continuous Examples
- 100 Present Perfect Examples
- 50 Future Continuous Tense Examples
- 50 Present Progressive Sentences
- 30 Sentences with Already
- 40 Sentences with was and Were
- 50 Sentences with Used to
- 20 Sentences with Yet