How to Give Personal Information
How to Give Personal Information
Learning how to give personal information is crucial when you want to learn a new language and communicate with others.
There are many phrases including questions and answer to give personal information in English
Personal Information Questions and Answers
These are some of the most personal information questions and answer.
|What’s your name?||I am José|
|What’s your last name?||My last name is Johnson|
|Do you have a nickname?||People call me Jay|
|What do you do?||I am DJ|
|Where do you work?||I work in Walmart|
|Do you like your job?||I love my job|
|Are you married /simgle?||I am single|
|Do you have a boyfriend / girlfriend?||I have a girlfriend|
|Do you have any children?||I have three children|
|How many brothers and sisters do you have?||I have two sisters|
|How old are you?||I am 29 years od|
|When is your birthday?||It is on September 25th|
|When were you born?||I was born in 1998|
|Where are you from?||I am from russia|
|Where do you live?||I live in Boston|
|What’s your phone number?||My number is 6875-5678|
|What’s your email address?||[email protected]|
|What type of movies do you like?||I love drama movies|
|What type of music do you like?||I love House music|
|What sport do you like?||I love watching MMA|
|Do you have pets?||I have a dog and two cats|
|What’s your favorite food?||I love fast food|
Personal Information – Model Dialogue
Here’s a short dialogue giving an example of personal questions.
Linda: What’s your name?
John: I am John Smith
Linda: What’s your address?
John: I live at 123 6th St. Melbourne, FL
Linda: What’s your telephone number?
John: It is 8689-5674
Linda: What’s your email address?
John: [email protected]
Linda: When were you born?
John: I was born on September 1st , 1985
Linda: Are you married?
John: Yes, I am.
Linda: What’s your profession?
John: I’m a bus driver
Alex: Thank you.
Peter: You’re welcome.
How to Give Personal Information – Lesson Plan
- Students are given a personal information question or answer.
- They have to stand up and match questions and answer
- Half of the students are given personal information and the other half are given answers to personal information questions.
- Students stand up and ask questions to their partners and they stop until they have found the person who has the answer to their questions.
Pre – Task Activities
- Learners are given scrambled questions / worldle
- Students have to arrange the words to form questions
- They answer the questions using family and friends information
- Students pair up and then ask and answer the questions orally
- Students install the kahoot application.
- They follow the instructions given by the teacher to play the game.
- Student play the game, the game is made up of personal questions and answers
- Students check the personal information of a famous person using the site BiographyOnline.Net
- They extract key information from it.
- They prepare and talk to their partners about the celebrity the chose.
- Students are given a list of 10 statements.
- They have to read the statements and determine if the statement is true or false.
If you want your students to do some listening, consider downloading one of these videos, create some questions and implement the activiyty taking into account the framework to teach a listening lesson:
- Ashley’s Personal information questions
- Natalia’s Personal Information Questions
- Louise’s Personal Information Questions
- Thomas’ Personal Information Questions
- Student match yes or no question with follow-up questions
- Students make questions and that they make follow-up questions to their partners.
- Do you live in liberia? What neighborhood do you live in?
- Do you like listening to music? What music do you like to listen?
- Do you like using social networks? which ones do you use the most?
- Do you have any children? what are their names?
Task #1 A
- Students are sent a Dialogue.
- They use the dialogue to create one
- Students make a collage of at least 8 pictures about personal details about their lives that they want to share with their classmates.
- Now with the collage ready, they prepare sentences that they want to make using that collage.
- They use the collage to talk to others
- Students are given a set of 10 sentences
- They have to check the sentences, spot the mistake and correct them
- Students are given a list of sentences with some grammatical and spelling problems, students have to read them and find the problems with them.