Talking about food is an interesting topic for some, people talk about what they like to eat and what they don’t.
Do you know these facts about food?
- The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000 dollars.
- One fast-food burger can have meat from 100 different cows.
- White chocolate isn’t chocolate.
- McDonald’s sells 2.5 billion hamburgers every year.
- French fries originated in Belgium, not France!
- Potatoes are 80% water.
These food conversation questions will help you and your learners to engage in an interesting conversation.
Have a genuine conversation by asking the right food conversation questions.
Table of Contents
- Food Conversation Questions: General Questions
- Food Questions: Health
- Your Favorite Food
- Restaurant Conversation Questions
- Food Conversation Questions: Drinks
- Food Conversation Questions: Fast Food
- Food Questions: Pizza
- Food: Losing and Gaining Weight
- Food Conversation Questions: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- More Conversation Questions
Food Conversation Questions: General Questions
These are some general questions about food
- What unhealthy food do you love?
- What is the future of food in your country?
- What country food do you love?
- How would you describe your country’s food?
- Do you eat a healthy diet? Why or why not?
- What kinds of food can you cook?
- Do you enjoy trying new foods, or do you prefer to stick to familiar dishes?
- Have you tried any new foods recently?
- What is your opinion on the use of artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes?
Food Questions: Health
These are some general questions about food and health
- Do you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- Do you prefer to eat unhealthy or healthy food?
- How do you balance healthy eating with indulging in your favorite foods?
- How do you stay motivated to make healthy food choices?
- What role does exercise play in your overall health and nutrition?
- Do you take any supplements or vitamins to supplement your diet?
- How do you ensure you are getting enough protein in your diet?
- How do you incorporate fruits and vegetables into your daily meals?
Your Favorite Food
Let’s begin with these food conversation questions list by talking about what your favorite food is.
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite fast food?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What’s your favorite food restaurant?
- What’s your favorite kind of meat?
- What’s your favorite kind of ethnic food?
- What’s your favorite snack?
- What’s your favorite seafood?
- Do you like trying new foods?
Restaurant Conversation Questions
These are some food conversation questions that deal with your choices of restaurant
- How often do you eat out?
- What’s your favorite restaurant?
- How often do you go to a restaurant?
- What’s your favorite fast-food restaurant?
- Do you ever go to expensive restaurants?
- What do you look for in a restaurant?
- What do you usually order when you go to a restaurant?
- What restaurant would you recommend?
- Do you have a favorite restaurant that you like to go to with your friends?
- Do you order food from restaurants using apps such as Uber Eats?
- What is the most expensive meal you have ever eaten?
- What is the most expensive restaurant that you have ever been to?
Food Conversation Questions: Drinks
Proper hydration is an essential component of a healthy lifestyle and water just happens to be the best way to stay hydrated.
These are some food conversation questions that deal with drinks
- What do you like to drink when you go to a restaurant?
- Do you like to drink sodas?
- What’s your favorite type of soda?
- Do you avoid drinking sodas?
- What do you like to drink with your hamburger?
- Do you drink alcohol?
- What’s your favorite beer?
- Do you usually drink a beer when you eat?
- Do you drink flavored sparkling water?
- Have you drunk coconut water?
Food Conversation Questions: Fast Food
Fast food is high in calories, mainly from fat or “simple” added sugars, and low in vitamins and minerals.
Despite Fast food not being healthy, people love it.
These are some questions about your likes and dislikes when it comes to fast food
- How often do you eat fast food?
- Do you like eating hamburgers?
- Do you usually go to fast food restaurants with your friends?
- Do you like going to fried chicken restaurants?
- Do you make hamburgers and French Fries at home?
- What do you like to drink with your hamburger or pizza?
- Why do people love fast-food restaurants?
Food Questions: Pizza
Pizza was first invented in Naples, Italy as a fast, affordable, tasty meal for working-class Neapolitans on the go.
While we all know and love these slices of today, pizza actually didn’t gain mass appeal until the 1940s, when immigrating Italians brought their classic slices to the United States.
These are some questions about Pizza
- Do you like pizza?
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- How often do you eat pizza at a restaurant?
- How often do you order pizza at your home?
- What do you like to drink with your pizza?
- Do you know how to make a pizza?
- How do you make pizza at home?
- Do you know how to make Pizza?
- Do you like Pineapple Pizza?
Food: Losing and Gaining Weight
These are some questions about food, losing weight, and gaining weight
- What do you usually eat to gain weight?
- What do you usually eat to lose weight?
- What do you think about diets?
- How many calories do you eat per day?
- Do you have any plans to gain weight?
- Do you have any plans to lose weight?
- Have you ever tried to lose or gain weight through diet and exercise?
- Have you ever used a calorie-tracking app or tool to monitor your food intake?
- How do you balance your desire to lose/gain weight with still enjoying your favorite foods?
- What do you think are some common misconceptions about losing weight?
- What do you think are some common misconceptions about gaining weight?
- What are some healthy snacks or meals you like to eat when trying to lose or gain weight?
- Have you ever consulted with a nutritionist or dietitian for help with weight loss/gain?
Food Conversation Questions: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
These are some conversation questions about breakfast
- Do you usually drink coffee in the morning?
- Do you eat cereal in the morning?
- Do you usually skip breakfast?
- What breakfast can you prepare?
- Do you make your own breakfast?
- What’s your favorite breakfast meal?
These are some conversation questions about lunch
- What time do you usually have lunch?
- What do you usually have for lunch?
- Do you eat lunch at school?
- What lunch can you prepare?
These are some conversation questions about dinner
- What time do you usually have dinner?
- What do you usually have for dinner?
- Where do you usually eat dinner?
- What dinner can you prepare?
More Conversation Questions
I hope that you have found all the food conversation questions you were looking for.
These are other conversation questions that you might want to check out
- 25 Neighborhood Conversation Questions
- 100 Great Health Conversation Questions
- 100 Getting to Know You Questions
- 50 Conversation Questions About Celebrities
- 50 Have You Ever Conversation Questions
- 32 Immigration Discussion Questions
- 70 Music Conversation Questions
- 30 Social Networks Conversation Questions
- 50 Questions about Minimalism
- 60 Travel Conversation Questions