Today we are going to learn how to make sentences with the simple present passive following this step by step guide.
These are some examples of sentences with the simple present and the passive voice:
- The new student is helped by the teacher
- Cookies are made
- This is used for experiments
- These problems are always solved
- Sandwiches are sold here
Let’s check the structure to make these type of sentences so you can make simple passive present tenses correctly
Table of Contents
How to Make Simple Present Passive Sentences
First of all, we need to know how to make active sentences with the simple present
These are some examples of active sentences with the simple present
- I wash my car every day
- She repairs bikes
- He cleans her rooms every day
- We feed the dog
The structure of those sentences is:
To make passive sentence with the simple present, that structure need to change
|Subject||Verb to be||Past Participle|
Simple Present Passive Sentences
These are some simple present passive sentences.
In these sentences, we have the sentences in the active voice
- I wash the clothing (Active voice)
- The clothing is washed (Passive voice)
- I teach different classes in the afternoon (Active voice)
- Different classes are taught in the afternoon (Passive voice)
- We provide information to all of our employees (Active voice)
- All of our employees are provided with information (Passive voice)
- They don’t make sandwiches here (Active Voice)
- Sandwiches are not made here (Passive Voice)
- I don’t paint cars here (Active voice)
- Car are not painted here (Passive Voice)
- The gardener waters the flowers (Active voice)
- The flowers are watered by the gardener (Passive Voice)
- They wash the floors every day (Active Voice)
- The floors are washed every day (Passive voice)
- I make cakes for my students (active voice)
- Cakes are made for my students (Passive voice)
Questions in the Present Simple Passive
These are some questions using the Present Simple Passive
- Is English Spoken here?
- Is French Spoken here?
- Is coffee served here?
- Is Pizza served here?
- Are apples imported from Costa Rica?
- Are Pineapples imported from Nicaragua?
- Are cars exported every month?
- Are computer components exported every month?
- Are these sweaters made in China?
- Are these shoes made in Japan?
- Are these houses built fast?
- Are these computers sold fast?
Present Simple Passive Exercises
These are some exercises to help you learn the present simple passive well
I hope that you have found all the information you were looking for
These are some grammar lesson published on EnglishPost.org
- List of Intensifiers and Mitigators
- Demonstrative Pronouns Examples
- 100 Linking Words Examples
- Embedded Questions Examples
- 5 Types of Pronouns in English
- 3 Types of Conditional Sentences
- Guide to Using Too and Enough
- 3 Types of Conjunctions in English
- Full Guide to Prepositions of Place
- Quantifiers Examples and Exercises