Welcome to this post on “questions with can”! In this post, we will be discussing the different ways to use the word “can” to form questions in the English language.
We will cover the basic structure of “can” questions, as well as some examples of how they can be used in different contexts.
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced learner, this post is designed to help you improve your understanding of this important grammar point.
Table of Contents
How to Create Questions with Can
To create questions using the modal verb “can,” follow these simple steps:
- Identify the subject: Determine the person or thing performing the action or being discussed in the question.
- Add “can” before the subject: Insert the modal verb “can” before the subject to indicate the possibility or ability of the subject to do something.
- Add the base form of the verb after “can”: Use the base form of the main verb to complete the question.
- Add more information: Add complementary information to the action.
- Add a question mark: End the sentence with a question mark to indicate it’s a question.
If you follow those five steps, you will be able to make questions like these:
- Can you swim in the open ocean?
- Can you speak Spanish well?
- Can he lift heavy weights?
- Can we go to the party?
- Can this bird fly long distances?
Yes or No Questions with Can
These are some examples of yes or no questions with can
- Can you explain how this process works?
- Can you show me how to use this software?
- Can you recommend a good place to eat around here?
- Can you clarify the instructions for this task?
- Can she fix websites?
- Can she speak different languages?
Question with Can and What
These are some examples of questions with can and what
- What can you do to help me with this problem?
- What can we expect from the new product launch?
- What kind of results can we expect from this research?
- What can I do to fix this error on my computer?
- What type of videos can you create?
- What time can I call you?
- What time can I leave?
- What instrument can you play?
- What language can you speak?
- What dishes can you prepare?
Question with Can and When
These are some examples of questions with can and when
- When can we schedule the next meeting?
- When can I expect to receive the report?
- When can you complete the task?
- When can we discuss the progress of the project?
- When can I expect to hear back from you?
- When can we leave?
- When can I visit you in London?
- When can we take the next train?
- When can I get my money?
- When can you fix my old car?
Question with Can and How
These are some examples of questions with can and how
- How can I improve my English speaking skills?
- How can I increase my website traffic?
- How can I fix this problem with my car?
- How can we reduce costs for the company
- How can I improve my performance in this task?
- How can I clean a broken website?
- How can I delay the scripts by two seconds?
- How can I make money blogging?
- How can I start a new business?
- How can they solve all issues in the code?
Question with Can and Why
These are some examples of questions with can and why
- Why can’t I access this website?
- Why can’t I lose weight?
- Why can’t we reach a consensus on this issue?
- Why can’t we resolve this problem?
- Why can’t I connect to the internet?
Question with Can and Where
These are some examples of questions with can and where
- Where can I find a good tutorial for this software?
- Where can I buy this product?
- Where can I get more information on this topic?
- Where can I park my car?
- Where can I find the nearest ATM?
- Where can we go swimming?
- Where can we stay for the night?
- Where can we have breakfast?
- Where can we play the trumpet?
- Where can we purchase computer parts?
Question with Can and Who
These are some examples of questions with can and who
- Who can help me with this technical issue?
- Who can I contact if I have a question about the project?
- Who can I speak to about my job application?
- Who can I talk to about a raise?
- Who can run this company?
- Who can play the instrument that well?
- Who can occupy this position?
- Who can we borrow money from?
- Who can lend us some money?
- Who can make a cake?
Embedded Questions with Can
These are some examples of embedded questions with can
- Can you tell me where the nearest grocery store is?
- Can you show me where the office is located?
- Can you recommend a place where I can eat around here?
- Can you tell me where I can find a map of the city?
- Can you tell me who the author of this book is?
- Can you tell me who the main character in this movie is?
More Examples in English
I hope that you have found these questions with can useful
You might want to check these other posts:
- Simple Present Negative: Structure and Examples
- 50 Sentences with Did: Guide and Examples
- 60 Sentences with Irregular Verbs in English
- Sentences and Questions with Could
- 100 Sentences with Like
- 40 Sentences with was and Were
- The Simple Present Passive: Guide & Examples
- 100 Verb to Be Examples
- 100 Sentences with Should
- ESL Conversations: 50 How Often Questions