Conversation Questions about Family
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- Are you an only child?
- Where does your mother / father work?
- Do you have younger or older brothers / sisters?
- Do you keep in touch with your parents and siblings?
- Are you married or single?
- Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Do you have any children?
- Are your parents strict?
- Do you get along with the rest of the members of your family?
- Do you still live with your parents?
- Do you ever argue with your parents and siblings?
- What’s the best thing about your mom or dad?
- How often do you meet your cousins?
- If you are married, how well do you get along with your in-laws?
- Who is the oldest person in your family?
- Who is the funniest person in your family?
Think about the Past
- What are some of your childhood memories?
- How did you get your name?
- Did your parents let you stay up late?
- Did you parents let you watch TV ?
- How did your family celebrate holidays?
- How often did you go on vacation with your family?
- What games did you use to play with your brothers / sisters?
- How often did you go on family trips?
- Do many wives work in your country?
- Who should care of elderly people?
- Should people get married in their early 20’s?
- Who has the most power in your family?
- What is the perfect number of children a family should have?
- What do you think of people who marry and decide not to have children?
- Is it better for mothers to stay at home with kids or go to work?
- Do you prefer spending time with your family or friends?
- What’s the best age to get married?
- Which is better: being married or being single? Why?