How to Describe my Dream House
Sometimes in English language classes, the teacher asked you to prepare the ‘house of your dream presentation.
To be able to do that successfully, you have to know a few things such as:
- The parts of the house vocabulary
- The most common adjectives to describe a house
- Grammar structures to piece your ideas together
Parts of the House
These are the parts of the house:
- living room
- drive way
- laundry room
- Dining room
Adjectives to Describe a House
These are the most common adjectives to describe the house of your dreams.
|Minimalistic||simple design||Her house is very minimalistic|
|Picturesque||like a picture||The villa is very Picturesque|
|Spacious||large home||The Living room is spacious|
|Luxurios||Expensively styled||I stayed in a luxurios hotel|
|Elegant||Attractively decorated||The rooms are elegant|
|Traditional||Old Fashioned||She has old fashioned furniture|
Grammar to Describe my Dream House
This is the grammar necessary to help you describe your dream house and make an awesome dream house presentation
There is and There are
The structure that it is commonly used to talk about your house is there is and there are
- There is a porch
- There is a yard
- There is a swimming pool
- There are two bedroom
- There are two bathrooms
Present Simple with the Verb to Have
These are some sentences about your dream house with the verb to have
- My house has five bedroom
- My bedroom has two big windows
- My house has a big garden with an enormous swimming pool.
- My house has three floors
- My dream house has a big living room with a big television and two comfortable sofas and a beautiful table
Present Simple with the Verb to be
These are some sentences about your dream house with the verb to be
- My house is beautiful
- My house is near the beach
- It’s a nice house with all comforts
- The neighbourhood is a luxurious residential area
Sentences with the Modal Would
These ares some sentences about your dream house with the modal would
- My house would have an indoor swimming pool
- My dream house would have at least six bedrooms
- My dream house would have three bedrooms
- The kitchen would have everything you need to cook
Questions to Talk about your Dream House
These are a list of questions that you can make to learn about somebody’s dream house
- Where would it be?
- What kind of house or flat would it be?
- What special features would it have?
- How many bedrooms does it have?
- How bid do you want the living room to be?
My Dream House Reading
My dream house has lots of rooms and windows. It has a big red front door. There is a huge living room with comfortable sofas and enormous TV screen on the wall for my family and I to spend time together.
In the basement, there is a giant game room with a ping-pong table and drum set for me and my friends. It has a fridge for drinks and snacks.
There are extra bedrooms so my friends can spend the night .My bedroom is blue with lots of shelves for my toy car collection. There are lots of posters of my favorite actors and singers, but they are big electronic screens so they can change all the time! There is also a brand new computer, a sound system and a telescope because I love astronomy! My bed is special! You climb a tall ladder to get it, I sleep under a window, and I can see the stars at night!
Outside my dream house, there is giant swimming pool with water and field nearby for a beautiful black horse
Questions after completing the dream house reading
- Write two general descriptions of the Living Room
- Write two general descriptions of the game room
- Write three general descriptions of the bedroom
Interested Learning some more?
These are some posts that you should check before you leave
- Types of Cohesive Devices
- 200 ESL Conversation Questions
- 60 Travel Conversation Questions
- The 20 Best Resources to Pass the TOEIC Test
Resources for Test Preparation
- 150 Prácticas Para el Examen CAE
- 100 Ejercicios para Pasar el TOEFL
- 125 Practicas para el Examen TOEIC
Wanna check these pronunciation resources?
- Full Guide to English Pronunciation
- 6 Best Pronunciation Websites
- Pronunciation: List of Minimal Pairs
- 8 Best English Pronunciation Apps