Christmas is celebrated on December 25 and is both a sacred religious holiday and a worldwide cultural and commercial phenomenon.
People around the world have been observing Christmas with traditions and practices that are both religious and secular in nature
These are some good questions so you can have a conversation about Christmas with your students, family, or friends.
Table of Contents
Christmas Conversation Questions
This is the first set of conversation questions about Christmas.
- Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a kid?
- When did you discover that Santa isn’t real?
- Do you tell little kids Santa isn’t real?
- What is the best Christmas gift that you have ever given?
- What’s the best Christmas gift that you have ever got?
- What did you and your family do for Christmas when you were a kid?
- Did you celebrate Christmas in a special way?
- Who did you spend Christmas with?
These are Christmas Conversation Questions about your last Christmas
- What did you do last Christmas?
- What did you eat?
- Who did you spend Christmas with?
- What did you like the most about last Christmas?
- Did you receive any gifts?
- Did you give any presents to family members or friends?
These are some questions to understand how you celebrate Christmas
- What do you usually do for Christmas?
- Who do you usually spend your Christmas with?
- Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional way?
- Do you decorate your house for Christmas?
- Do you decorate your Christmas tree?
- Do you prefer natural or artificial trees?
- Do you enjoy Christmas time?
- Do you go to Christmas parties?
- How long is your Christmas vacation?
- What time do you usually go to bed on Christmas Eve?
- What do you usually eat or drink for Christmas?
- When do you do your Christmas shopping?
- When do you give Christmas presents?
- When do you open Christmas presents?
- Do you give presents to everyone in your family, including cousins, aunts, and uncles?
These are some questions to understand your thoughts about Christmas
- Do you think that Christmas is overrated?
- Do you think consumerism has taken over Christmas?
- Do atheists celebrate Christmas?
- What’s the real meaning of Christmas?
- Do you think that there is a war on Christmas?
- Do you say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays”?
- How has Christmas changed over the years?
- Have your feelings towards Christmas changed since you were a child?
- Is there anything stressful about Christmas?
- Is it important to buy presents at Christmas?
- Do you tell people what you want for Christmas or do you prefer it to be a surprise?
These are some questions about Christmas songs and movies
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
- What’s your favorite Christmas Movie?
- Do you still enjoy watching Christmas movies?
- Did you use to watch old Christmas movies when you were a kid?
- Have you watched the How the Grinch Stole Christmas film?
- Have you ever listened to Shake Up Christmas by Train?
I think you have plenty of Christmas questions to ask and answer
My Answers to some Christmas Questions
I don’t think that Christmas is overrated, I just don’t get that excited about celebrating it.
I think atheists can forget about the meaning behind the celebration and have a good time with friends and family.
I think that my favorite Christmas is “Shake up Christmas” by Train
I used to watch old Christmas movies when I was a little kid but I don’t do that anymore
My wife and kids decorate the Christmas tree, I am kind of Grinch.
More ESL Conversation Questions
I hope that you have found all the Christmas Conversation Questions you were looking for
These are some ESL conversation questions that you might want to check out:
- Conversation Questions about Books
- 70 Questions about Love: Dating & Marriage
- 50 Questions about Minimalism
- Discussion Questions about Fashion and clothing
- Discussion Questions about Wars
- Discussion Questions about Shopping
- Discussion Questions about God
What other questions would you add to the list?, leave a message on Twitter and Facebook and I would consider adding them.