When technology integration in the classroom is seamless and thoughtful, students not only become more engaged, they begin to take more control over their own learning, too. Integrating technology in the classroom is more than using a laptop and a projector to display some powerpoint slides, so here are the best Tools to Teach English with Technology that you can use to make classes more engaging.
Tools to Teach English with Technology
1.Quizlet: Quizlet is an online learning tool that lets you create flashcards, short tests and spelling Quizzes, you can take vocabulary lists everywhere or create one accoding to your language teaching needs.
2. Kahoot is a free game-based learning platform that makes it fun to learn, with Kahoot you can create your own quizzes and analyze the score at the end.
3. Quizziz makes it super-easy to create great quizzes in no time.
4. ClassMarker: ClassMarker’s secure, professional web-based Testing service is an easy-to-use, customizable online Test maker for business, training & educational assessment with Tests & Quizzes graded instantly saving you hours of paperwork
5. Whatsapp Web: This app was created to enhance communication, you can use it to send all kinds of information to students, you also can use it as a forum in specific moments. You can also send dialogues so they go around the classroom talking to others.
6. Google Forms: You can create surveys and quizzes that students can answer from their phone browsers and you will see all the results in a spreadsheet
7. Microsoft Forms: You can create surveys and quizzes that students can answer from their phone browsers and you will see all the results in a spreadsheet
8. Your Phone Stock Music Player: Sometimes you want smart people to create that app that will do everything for you but the truth is that you have to play with what you have , when you have a whatsapp group you can send tracks so students listen and answer questions.
9. Your Collage Maker App: You can tell your students to describe a picture or make conversation around a collage you sent via whatsapp. Another idea is that you tell them to make a collage with the vocabulary you just introduced.
10. Your Phone audio recorder: Use those things that most people don’t use, tell students to record a conversation or to answer questions and send it to you via whatsapp
12. WordSalad is an app for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. It lets you tweak the word clouds by changing colors, fonts and words orientation. The app detects the language your text is in, does some magic and draws a pretty picture. Once you have finished crafting your word cloud you can export it on your device or share it with your friends.
13. Quill Help your students advance from fragmented and run-on sentences to complex and well-structured sentences with Quill Connect. Using the evidence-based strategy of sentence combining, students combine multiple ideas into a single sentence. They then receive instant feedback designed to help them improve the clarity and precision of their sentences.
14. Crossword Labs: Create your own crosswords, don’t expect other to do them for you. Students can solve them online.
15. Socrative is your app for fun and effective classroom engagement. Get instant insight into student learning with easy-to-create quizzes, polls, exit tickets and more! Check out the features below to choose the Socrative account that’s right for you.
16. Plickers: This is something I have to give a try one of those days, Plickers is a powerfully simple tool that lets teachers collect real-time formative assessment data without the need for student devices
17. Story Bird: Simple tools help you build books in minutes. Let the art inspire and surprise you as you write.
18. Powtoon: Make animated explainers for free with PowToon; PowToon – Make cool animated explainer videos; GetPowToon and make animated presentations.
19. Pixton: The world’s most popular and easy to use comic and storyboard creator.
20. Memrise: We make learning languages and vocab so full of joy and life, you’ll laugh out loud. Create your own courses of rich, multimedia flashcards.
21. My Free Bingo Cards:We have the best Bingo Card Generator in the world, popular Number Bingo Games to print or play online, and a growing selection of beautiful bingo cards for all occasions. All our bingo cards can be customized by changing the title, words and even the colour and background.
22. Duolingo for Schools: Bring the world’s most popular language-learning platform to your classroom. 100% free.
23. Vocaroo: Vocaroo is a shiny new service for sending voice messages across the interwebs
24. Flippity: Easily turn a Google™ Spreadsheet into a Set of Online Flashcards and Other Cool Stuff such as:
- Online Flashcards
- Trivia Game Show
- Random Name Picker
- Memory Match Game
- Word Search
- Spelling Word Manager
- Crossword Puzzle
- Bingo Game
25. Quik: Create awesome videos with just a few taps. Choose your favorite photos and video clips then let Quikwork its magic.
26: Edmodo: Edmodo is a global education network that helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
27: Instagram: You can easily use instagram tomake students practice out of class. You can create an account for educational purpose, publish some photos about a particular topic and ask students to comment on them. You can also upload short videoclips explaining a particular aspect of language.
28: Youtube has proven again and again to be really helpful to teach language. You can send a video before class so they watch it and get ready for what they are going to study. You can also use videos in class for prresentation and practice time.
29: Padlet: collaborate better and be more productive with Padlet. Make beautiful boards, documents, and webpages that are easy to read and fun to contribute to.
30: Voki is a fun tool that students can use for homework, classwork or projects. Customize their appearance and what they say, and share with others!