The mass media is a diversified collection of media technologies that reach a large audience via mass communication.
The technologies through which this communication takes place include a variety of outlets.
Broadcast media transmit information electronically, via such media as film, radio, recorded music, or television.
Digital media comprises both Internet and mobile mass communication.
Internet media comprise such services as email, social media sites, websites, and Internet-based radio and television.
Table of Contents
Examples of Mass Media Communication
These are some examples of mass media communication.
|News Channels||Internet Streaming media|
|Podcasts||Video Sharing Site|
|Social Networks||Online Video service|
|Radio||Photo and Video sharing sites|
|Film||Internet Radio Service|
|Micro Blogging Services||New Aggregator apps|
Mass Media Conversation Questions
These are some example of mass media conversation questions. These are divided in the following sections or categories:
- Mass media general questions
- Podcast and Radio
#1 Mass Media General Questions
These are some mass media conversation questions in general
- Should media outlets be punished for false information?
- How can the media be helpful to people?
- How can the media harm people?
- Should the media show graphic violence? Why or why not?
- Do you think the media have too much power?
- Do you trust the media?
These are some mass media conversation questions about news
- Where do you usually get the news from? Why do you choose that medium?
- How much do newspapers focus on selling papers versus writing quality content?
- How will people get their news in the future?
- What applications do you use to read news?
- How do you feel about the bunch of fake news posted and shared on social media?
- Do you often read the newspaper?
- Have you ever used apps such as feedly and blogloving to read news?
- Do you think that people are buying less newspapers these days?
- Do you think that news channels control how people think and view the world?
#3 Podcasts & Radio
These are some mass media conversation questions about Podcast & Radio
- What’s a podcast?
- Do you listen to podcasts?
- Do you have any favorite podcast show?
- Do you prefer podcasts over radio shows?
- Do you think that radio shows are slowly dying?
- What are your favorite podcast applications?
- What is your favoriet application to listen to the radio?
Mass Media Exercises
Read the sentences and fill in the blanks with the corresponding definition taken from the vocabulary box.
- You can watch stories about what happened in the past:_____________
- It is nice to watch people practicing soccer , basketball and volleyball:_________
- It is funny to watch how Tom and Jerry make jokes:_____________
- One of the funniest programs is “The Bing Bang Theory”. I love it:________
- I love watching ,”The lucky one” . It is an amazing film:_______________
- Sometimes it is important to know what’s happening around the world:___________
- It is sad to see the story of people who try to immigrate to the USA:___________
- I love dancing and singing so MTV is one of my favorite channels:_____________
ESL Conversation Questions
These are some other ESL conversation questions that you might be interested in:
- 30 Nature Conversation Questions
- 70 Conversation Questions about Family
- 50 Conversation Questions about Entertainment
- 70 School Conversation Questions
- 20 Hotel Conversation Questions
- Holidays Conversation Questions
- 20 Great Black Friday Conversation Questions
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages: