How to Write Formal and Informal Emails
- Reply to all
- Email Address
- C.C (Carbon Copy)
- BCC (Blind Carbon Copy)
- Address Book
Lesson Plan – How to Write Formal and Informal Emails
Schema Activation (10 Mins)
Students are given these sentences in little paper strips, they have to stand up and talk to classmates so they can arrange them.
- Send me the email again because I deleted it
- I am going to give you my email adress
- I am going to send you some important documents
- Hey, Don’t forget to check your email
Task #1 (30 Mins)
- Students make pair, they are given a worksheet with expressions
- Ways to close an email
- Giving bad news
- Giving good news
- Friendly Ending
- Students classify the different expression into categories. Once they are ready
- They get together with another pair and and they review their answer together.
Task #2 (30 Mins)
- Students are given an email, they have to read it and analyze the question in it
- They have to write a reply to that email
- Students are given an email someone wrote.
- They have to read the email and identify the mistakes that it has
- They have to re-write the email
Task (40 Mins)
- Students are gonna write a formal and Informal Emails about a beach trip and they are going to send that to their classmates.
Students are going to answer a quiz with questions related to formal and informal emails