How to Write Formal and Informal Emails
Lesson Plan – How to Write Formal and Informal Emails
Schema Activation (10 Mins)
- Teacher play chinese whispers with the students with some key vocabulary studied in class.
- Teacher plays chinese whispers
Task #1 (30 Mins)
- Students review new vocabulary using a Tiny Card Set
- Students make pair, they are given a worksheet with expressions
- Ways to close an email
- Giving bad news
- Giving good news
- Friendly Ending
- Students classify the different expression into categories. Once they are ready
- They get together with another pair and and they review their answers together using the question:
- What do you have in #1? I think #1 is …
Task #2 (15 Mins)
- Students are given a list of scrambled sentences.
- They unscrambled the sentences
- Then they make pairs and check if their answers were right
- Students are given an email, they have to read it and analyze the question in it
- They have to write a reply to that email
- Students are given an email someone wrote asking information about a University
- They have to read the email and reply the questions included in it.
Main Task (40 Mins)
- Students are gonna write a formal and Informal Emails about a beach trip and they are going to send that to their classmates.
- Students are going to answer a quiz with questions related to formal and informal emails