Why Should you Improve your Listening Skills?
Your Listening Skills are important because when you acquire good listening skills, you:
- can have access to the world, you can listen to podcasts, lectures and YouTube Videos about a wide a variety of topics.
- can listen for pleasure, you can watch movies and listen to music with the only intention of getting entertained.
- can travel around the world and communicate with people whose native language is English
- Can meet academic and work requirements.
10 Amazing Websites that will Take your Listening Skills to the Next Level
1.SpeechYard Speechyard is a place, where English learners have a perfect opportunity to improve their English and expand language knowledge by means of educational entertainment.
2.English Central: EnglishCentral is the leading provider of online English conversation solutions. The EnglishCentral platform combines the web’s best English videos.
3:Lyrics Training: LyricsTraining is an easy and fun way to learn and improve your foreign languages skills, through the music videos and the lyrics of your favorite songs. LyricsTraining also has a special Karaoke mode that lets you sing and enjoy the full lyrics.
4. Player FM: If you have a smartphone, you can select a podcast that targets English Language Learners but if you have good listening skills, you can select a podcast among the thousands available on the web
6: Voscreen helps you improve your English language skills on your own through short video clips. Learning and improving English is more enjoyable than ever with Voscreen video learning environment.
7. ESLvideo.com provides educational resources for English as a Second Language Students to improve their listening, speaking, grammar, and vocabulary skills. The quiz activities and lessons are created by teachers, and are free to use in class, lab, or at home.
8.Elllo: The aim of the site it to make learning English fun, effective, and free and to provide teachers and students with materials that you cannot find in traditional textbooks.
9.ESOL Courses: English language lessons for students of English as a foreign language and young learners. Practise your English skills using our free listening tasks.
10.English Listening: Listen to American, British and Global English. Native speakers in real-world situations.
If you want to learn more about how to teach listening or answer some listening exercises, make sure that you visit the How to Teach Listening page