I think that learning English in this day and age is easier than never before. There are many websites that will help improve your listening Skills.
Your listening Skills are important because when you acquire good listening skills, you:
- can have access to the world, you can listen to podcasts, lectures and YouTube Videos about a wide a variety of topics.
- can listen for pleasure, you can watch movies and listen to music with the only intention of getting entertained.
- can travel around the world and communicate with people whose native language is English
- Can meet academic and work requirements.
Now let’s check some of the best websites that will help you improve your listening skills.
Table of Contents
Websites to Improve your Listening Skills
This is my list of 10 amazing sites to improve your listening skills, I hope these sites can help you reach your linguistic goals.
Speechyard is a place, where English learners have a perfect opportunity to improve their English and expand language knowledge by means of educational entertainment. When you watch the video, just click on any word or select a phrase to see its translation, listen to it or add it for further learning
The registration is free, so don’t hesitate and begin learning English through movies or books
EnglishCentral is the leading provider of online English conversation solutions. The EnglishCentral platform combines the web’s best English videos.
- Watch a video a day, recommended based on your level and interests. Mark any words you don’t know.
- Learn your new words by filling in the blanks while interacting with the video line.
- Speak your new words in context, getting instant feedback on your pronunciation and fluency.
3: Lyrics Training
LyricsTraining is an easy and fun way to learn and improve your foreign languages skills, through the music videos and the lyrics of your favorite songs.
LyricsTraining also has a special Karaoke mode that lets you sing and enjoy the full lyrics.
LyricsTraining helps you to learn new vocabulary and expressions, and reinforce grammar concepts through continuous exercise of writing the missing words.
LyricsTraining helps you train your ear to dramatically improve your capacity to recognize sounds and words of a foreign language in a very short time, training your brain almost unconsciously, whether you know the meaning of all the words or not.
If you have a smartphone, you can select a podcast that targets English Language Learners but if you have good listening skills, you can select a podcast among the thousands available on the web
These are some Podcast that you have to check out: Podcasts for Learning English
5. Youtube English Channels
Youtube is a great source of input for English Language Learners and teachers, you only have to find the right channels.
I have selected the best channels so you don’t have to spend a lot of time looking: The Best Youtube Channels to Learn English.
Voscreen helps you improve your English language skills on your own through short video clips.
Learning and improving English is more enjoyable than ever with Voscreen video learning environment.
Voscreen has applications in the PlayStore and the AppStore.
ESL Video provides educational resources for English as a Second Language Students to improve their listening, speaking, grammar, and vocabulary skills.
The quiz activities and lessons are created by teachers, and are free to use in class, lab, or at home.
The aim of the site it to make learning English fun, effective, and free and to provide teachers and students with materials that you cannot find in traditional textbooks.
You can check their English Exercises here: Ello Listening Exercises
9. ESOL Courses
English language lessons for students of English as a foreign language and young learners. Practise your English skills using our free listening tasks.
You can check a list of their listening lessons here: English Listening Exercises
#10 Talk English
Talk English cover different topics but they have section dedicated to listening in which you can find audios for basic, intermediate an advanced students:
Have a look at these:
More on Technological Resources
These are some resources about technological resources
- 10 Amazing Websites to Improve your Listening Skills
- 15 Awesome YouTube Channels for Learning English
- 9 Tools to Create Online Quizzes
- 8 Best Ways to Learn English Phonetics
- 13 Top Facebook Pages for English Teachers
- 15 Best Education Podcasts to Listen to in 2021
- 21 Best Free Apps for Teachers in 2021