Water Pollution Vocabulary and Questions
Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies (e.g. lakes, rivers, oceans, aquifers and groundwater), very often by human activities.
Water Pollution Vocabulary
|body of wate||water quality|
|Surface water||Ocean water|
Water Pollution Exercises
Read the options and identify if it is cause and effect or a way to prevent water pollution
- Sewage and waste water:___________________________________
- Use water wisely:___________________________________________
- Do not throw chemicals down the sink:______________________________
- Septic Tanks:______________________________________
- Don’t throw rubbish to rivers:______________________________
- Don’t overuse fertilizers:____________________________________
- Disruption of food-chains:__________________________________
- Ocean and marine dumping:________________________________
- Don’t overuse fertilizers:_____________________________________
- Destruction of ecosystems:___________________________________
- Industrial waste:_____________________________________________
- Oil Pollution by Oil Industries:__________________________________
- Death of aquatic animals:_____________________________________
Water Pollution Conversation Questions
- What’s water pollution?
- What can you do to prevent water pollution?
- What are the effects of water pollution on humans?
- What are the effects of water pollution on animal?
- What are some of the effects of plastic consumption in the environment?