Quizlet is an online learning tool created by Andrew Sutherland in Albany, California. It was originally conceived in October 2005 and released to the public in January 2007. As of January 2014, Quizlet has over 60 million user-generated flashcard sets and more than 20 million registered users.
Among those millions of flashcard sets, you will find that teachers are using Quizlet in the Classroom to teach a great variety of topics. This is how those flashcards set are created
What are the Benefits of Using Quizlet in the Classroom?
- Quizlet’s flashcards, tests, and study games make learning fun and engaging for students of all ages.
- Use Quizlet on your computer at home or school and on the go using our mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- With a free account, you can create your own study sets, track your study progress, and compete with your friends.
6 Ways to use Quizlet in the Classroom
1. Quizlet reads the word and definition to the student out loud and that’s how student can learn the pronunciation of the words.
2. Quizlet makes learning fun because students can play several games to reinforce the learning of new vocabulary.
3: Quizlet helps student to prepare students for the spelling bee contest, you can easily import excel spreadsheets and start practicing right aways.
4: Quizlet helps students practice and test their vocabulary size, they can pick the set and even include the words that they consider more difficult.
5: Quizlet helps students to become independent learners because there are thousands of quizlet sets created by other users.
6: You can create Quizlet so students can prepare themselves for tests. I usually do that hoping that the use of the smartphone can help them focus more.
If you want to learn more about how implement the use of technology in the classroom, consider reading some of these great articles:
- 10 Amazing Websites to Improve your Listening Skills
- 10 Great Apps that Every English Language Learner Should Have
- 15 Awesome YouTube Channels for Teaching and Learning English
- 26 Tools to Teach English with Technology
- 3 Vocabulary Profilers to Analyze Texts Effectively
- How to Use Quizlet in the Classroom
- 13 Best Podcasts For Learning English
- 5 Free Online Tools to Make Learning Phonetics Easier
- How to Create a Webquest
- How to Use Pinterest in the Classroom to Improve Writing Skills
- 5 Great Apps to Keep a Vocabulary Notebook
How do you use Quizlet in your classes? Leave a comment with the type of activities that you do with Quizlet