TOEIC Word List
The Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) is “an English language test designed specifically to measure the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment.
TOEIC Listening and Reading Sections
The test takes approximately 2½ hours, with:
- 45 minutes for Section I: Listening
- 75 minutes for Section II: Reading
- approximately 30 minutes to answer biographical questions
Section I: Listening
Test takers listen to a variety of questions and short conversations recorded in English, then answer questions based on what they have heard (100 items total).
- Part 1: Photographs
- Part 2: Question-Response
- Part 3: Conversations
- Part 4: Short Talks
Section II: Reading
Test takers read a variety of materials and respond at their own pace (100 items total).
- Part 5: Incomplete Sentences
- Part 6: Error Recognition or Text Completion
- Part 7: Reading Comprehension
After you take the TOEIC Exam, Your TOEIC results will be given to you using The Common European Framework Reference Scale. The Scale is divided into three levels:
- A1 — A2 (Basic User)
- B1 — B2 (Independent User)
- C1 — C2 (Proficient User)
TOEIC Preparation Sites
Well, First you need to know exacltly where you are standing, you can do that by taking the EFSET Free Test or you can take the exam under real conditions and see what they tell you.
If you don’t get the results that you wanted or needed, you need to work a little bit in your language skills.
My recommendations so you can get a higher TOEIC score are summarized in these two posts:
- 10 Sites for Successful TOEIC Listening and Reading Preparation
- The Best Resources to Pass the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test
TOEIC Word List
Now you can also study vocabulary using a TOEIC Word List, Remember that the greatest benefit of using these lists is that TOEIC Exams actually contain these words.
You can download those words by frequency and with definitions:
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (alphabetised) with brief explanation of corpus
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (alphabetised) lemmatised for research purposes
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (alphabetised) lemmatised for teaching purposes
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list (by frequency)
- Downloadable TSL 1.1 list with definitions in easy English
Links for TSL 1.1 word list:
- TSL/NGSL on VocabProfile text analysis tool
- TSL/NGSL file for use with AntWordProfiler text analysis tool
- TSL/NGSL on OGTE text analysis tool
- Link to free TSL 1.1 flashcards on Quizlet with English definitions
- Link to free TSL 1.1 flashcards in Memrise with Japanese definitions