Clothing in English
There are different types of clothes, like tops such as blouses and shirts, which are used on the upper part of the body.
Bottoms like jeans and skirts, which are used on the lower part of the body.
There are also shoes, and accessories which are not clothes but they are used to complement a look.
Adjectives to Describe Clothing in English
- I usually buy expensive clothes
- I am a mechanic so I have to buy protective clothing
- I don’t really like to buy cheap clothes
- She likes to wear comfortable shoes when she is teaching
- He likes to wear casual clothes when she goes out
- Prepare your summer clothes because we are going to the beach
- Winter clothing is necessary because we are going to Alaska
Grammar to use when Talking about Clothing
- I like to wear black shirts
- I enjoy wearing shorts
- I have to wear a uniform
- I don’t like to wear my school uniform
- I like to wear sweat pants when I go to the Gym
- I don’t really to wear cargo pants
- Teenagers like to wear skinny jeans
- She really likes to wear a bikini when she goes to the pool or beach
He put on a warm sweater
- He put on a white T-shirt and a pair of jeans.
- He put on his shoes, his coat and his hat.
- He put on his gloves.
- He buttoned up his shirt.
- He buckled his belt.
- He tied the laces of his running shoes.
- He unbuttoned his coat.
- He unzipped his jacket.
- He took off his hat.
- He took off his shoes
Video to Introduce Vocabulary
Questions about Fashion and Clothing
- Do you often buy new clothes?
- Do you prefer to go shopping or just browse? Why?
- What piece of clothing do you spend your money on the most? Why?
- Do you sometimes wear a hat or a cap?
- Do you think it is important to wear fashionable clothes?
- Do you wear jewelry?
- What are some of the strangest fashions you have seen?
- What colors do you think look good on you?
- What did you wear yesterday?
- What do you think of body piercing?
- Do you have pierced ears?
- Do you know anyone with a piercing in his or her toungue? Who?
- Would you ever pierce your tongue?
- What is your shoe size?
- What kind of clothes do you usually wear?
- What’s the most expensive piece of clothing you have ever bought?
- Where are some good stores to buy clothes in this area?
- What do you think of women who wear short mini-skirts?
- What do you think of people who always and only wear black?
- What do you think of people with tattoos?
- Do you know someone with a tattoo? Who?
- What do you think about men who wear earrings?
- Worksheet #1 : Winter Clothing (ISL Collective)
- Worksheet #2 : Clothing Coloring Worksheet (ISL Collective)
- Worksheet #3 : Clothing Puzzle (ISL Collective)
- Worksheet #4 : Clothes And Accessories Picture Dictionary Worksheet ( englishwsheets.com)
- Worksheet #5 : Clothes And Accessories Wordsearch Puzzle Worksheet (englishwsheets.com)
- Worksheet #6 : Clothes And Accessories Matching Exercise Worksheet (englishwsheets.com)
- Worksheet #7 : Clothes And Accessories Criss Cross (Crossword) Puzzle (englishwsheets.com)
- Worksheet #8 : Clothes and Accessories ESL Missing Letters In Words (englishwsheets.com)
- Worksheet #9 : Clothes Picture Test ( anglomaniacy.pl)
- Worksheet #10: Questions about fashion (Englishpost.org)
- Presentation #1: Clothing (Englishpost.org)