Classroom Management Strategies refers to the wide variety of skills and techniques that teachers use to keep students organized, orderly, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive during a class.
To learn more let’s start by listening to the advice given by an experienced teacher, you can watch the video and activate the closed captions.
Now that you have listened to the teacher, please answer those questions
- How does the teacher establish rules?
- How consistent is the teacher when enforcing classroom rules?
- What happens if you don’t manage the little things in the classroom? What little things did the teacher manage?
- Why did the teacher was having management issues?
- What’s your opinions about giving incentives?
- What do you like about David Rixon’s teaching performance?
- What rules would you enforce in your classroom?
Class size refers to the number of students in a given course or classroom, specifically the number of students being taught by individual teachers in a course or classroom or
Now you are going to read an article called “Teaching Large Classes” and think about these questions
- What are the challenges of teaching large classes?
- What are the advantages of teaching large classes
Classroom Lay Out: The layout of your classroom can have a serious impact on the way you teach and the way your students learn.
Watch this video and think about the different types of seating arrangements and their pros and cons
For additional ideas check here
Teaching Style: No two teachers will teach in the same way, just as no two students learn something in the same way. A teacher’s teaching style is based on their educational philosophy, their classroom’s demographic, what subject area (or areas) they teach, and the school’s mission statement.
For the next task , think that you are some sort of Nostradamus and predict what type of teacher you will be.
Rapport a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other’s feelings or ideas and communicate well.
Watch this video and think how the teacher keeps an environment of respect and rapport
Classroom discipline is defined as a teacher’s routine for rewarding, punishing, and maintaining desired behaviors. A teacher cannot begin to teach without an acceptable level of classroom discipline
Watch this video and think of discipline strategies that you woudl like to implement and those that you can’t do in the context of the costarican education