How to use the Modal Can
- We use the modal can to make general statements about what is possible: It can be very cold in winter.
- We use the negative can’t or cannot to show that something is impossible: That can’t be true.
- We use can to talk about someone’s skill or general abilities: She can speak several languages.
- We use can to ask for permission to do something: Can I ask a question, please?
- We use can to give permission: You can go home now if you like.
- We use can I … to make offers: Can I help you?
Can or Can’t Exercises PDF
- Can or Can’t Exercises Worksheet (Fill in the Blanks and Making Question with Can)
- Make Sentences, Make It Right and Things I can or Can’t do
- Can’t or Can Exercises (Macmillan Inspiration)
- Can or Can’t – Fill in the Blanks, Make and Answer questions
Can or Can’t Online Exercises