Though primarily used for mathematics, they have also become popular in language-teaching classrooms, particularly The Silent Way.
They can be used
- to demonstrate most grammatical structures such as prepositions of place, comparatives & superlatives, determiners, tenses, adverbs of time, manner, etc.
- to show sentence and word stress, rising and falling intonation and word groupings
- to create a visual model of constructs, for example the English verb tense system .
- donaldecherry’s channel on Youtube.com
- Using Cuisenaire rods with young learners on OneStopEnglish.com
- Cuisenaire rods in the language classroom on teachingenglish.org.uk
- Silent Way on teachingenglish.org.uk
- Silent Way on donaldcherry.com
- Cuisenaire rods in ELT on elteachertrainer.com
- Holistic grammar with Cuisenaire rods on ilovetefl.wordpress.com
- Cuisenaire Rods on sandymillin.wordpress.com
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go: