Podcasts for Learning English
Podcasts are changing the face of radio. In short, a podcast provides us with what we want to hear, when we want to hear it and where we want to hear it.
What is a podcast?
Basically, a podcast is a digital sound file (usually an MP3) that can be downloaded from the internet into our computers and then into our MP3 players.
How do I listen to podcasts?
Podcasts are available through software and applications therefore there is a wide range of tools to listen to your favorite podcasts such as:
- Pocket Casts
- Stitcher Radio
- Player FM
- Google Podcasts
My Favorite Podcast App
Google Podcasts is a new way for Android users to discover and listen to the world’s podcasts.
You can subscribe to any show for free and download episodes for offline listening.
All your listening is automatically synced across devices so you can pause on one device and resume on another with the Google Assistant.
Best Podcasts for Learning English
These are some of the best podcasts for learning english. You can listen to them using your favorite podcast app.
1.Voice of America Learning English: Learning English programs use a limited vocabulary and short sentences. They are read at a slower pace than VOA’s other English broadcasts. Our broadcasts were formerly known as Special English.
2.Better at English: Want to learn English conversation? Better at English “Real English Conversations” podcast (est. 2006) gives you fun, authentic English conversations for listening practice. You’ll learn informal vocabulary, slang, idioms, and more. Read along as you listen.
3.English as a Second Language Podcast is for anyone who wants to improve their English speaking and listening skills.
4. 6 Minute English: Learn and practise useful English language for everyday situations with the BBC. A weekly instruction manual for saying or doing something in English is published every Thursday.
5. The American English Pronunciation podcasts teaches non-native English speakers and ESL/ELL students correct English pronunciation in short lessons. Learn, listen, repeat!
6.English Pod lessons cover a wide range of common topics, situations, and skills, including: presentations, telephoning, negotiating, socializing, travel, meetings, interviews, conversation, and more.
7. The English We Speak: Every week, we look at a different everyday English phrase or piece of slang in this fun three-minute programme. From BBC World Service.
8. All Ears English is an English as a Second Language (ESL) podcast for intermediate to advanced English learners around the world. Teachers Lindsay McMahon and Michelle Kaplan will show you how to use everyday English vocabulary and natural idioms, expressions, and phrasal verbs and how to make small talk in American English.
9.Luke’s English Podcast is an award-winning podcast for learners of English. Listen, learn and have fun while picking up natural British English as it really is spoken.
10. Dramas for English language learners from BBC World Service. Improve your English with retellings of stories classic and new. Each episode is between 6 and 10 minutes long.
11.Culips English Podcast: Learn conversational English for everyday use! They teach you English the way native speakers really use it in everyday conversation, they show you how to use natural English idioms, expressions.
12. Learn English grammar in six minutes. Every Tuesday join two of our presenters and learn a new key area of grammar. Our presenters include Finn, Emma, Rob, Neil, Sophie & Alice.
13.Learn English With Rachael: Study English conversation skills with one of YouTube’s most popular English as a Second (or third!) Language teachers, Rachel of Rachel’s English. Most beneficial for intermediate to advanced students, Rachel’s specialty is the nuance and musicality of spoken English. Learn about English stress, sounds, and melodies, in addition to American slang, idioms, phrasal verbs, vocabulary, common phrases, culture, and more! Each episode is a CONVERSATION, so join the conversation now and learn how to communicate naturally in English.
14. Learning English News Review: News Review shows you how to use the language from the latest news stories in your everyday English. Published every Tuesday by BBC Learning English.
15. 6 Minute Vocabulary by BBC Radio: Build your English vocabulary in six minutes. Every Monday join two presenters and hear about different ways to develop your vocabulary knowledge and skills.
16: Espresso English Podcast: On the Espresso English podcast, you’ll learn English grammar, vocabulary, phrases, idioms, and more. Espresso English lessons are clear and practical, making it easy to learn the language quickly and effectively
17: English Phrasal Verb Podcast: Grammar Lessons By Real English Conversations: In this English Podcast they teach you English phrasal verbs by first explaining what the phrasal verb means, then providing an alternative way to use the phrasal verb.
Later, you will hear to examples of how it is used in a real situation to better understand the meaning.
English language learners and teachers who are proficient can start seeing language as a mean of communication and choose a podcast according to their likes. You can check for the most famous podcasts by visiting podcastawards.com and check podcasts under the categories of science, sports, religion inspiration, movies, health, entertainment, comedy and so much more.