Phone Conversations in English
Ways to Introduce yourself on the Telephone
- This is James.
- Hello, James Speaking
- Thanks for Calling Marriot Hotels, My name is Maria, How can I help you?
- This is Jennifer Smith speaking.
- Good morning, Westin Hotels. How may I help you?
How to Ask who is Calling?
- Excuse me, who is this?
- May I ask who is calling, please?
Asking for Someone
- Can I have extension 321?
- I’d like to speak to Elizabeth
- Could I speak to James?
- Is Jack in the office today?
- Is Peter there with you?
- Hello, is Laura There?
- Can I speak to Francis please?
- Could you put me through Mr. Campos?
- Can I speak to Someone in Human Resources?
Person Needed is not Available
- I am afraid she isn’t in the office at the moment
- She is in a meeting, would you like to call her back later?
- He is away for a few days , would you like to leave her a message?
- I am afraid, he is out of the office this week.
- You can contact her on her mobile, her number is 6785-9832.
- She is not here, why don’t you try a again in a couple of hours?
- She is not in her office, she will be back by 4 o’ clock
- I’d lieke to speak somebody about…
- Can i have some information about…?
- I am sorry I must have the wrong number
- Oh, isn’t this Marriot Hotels?
- Sorry to have bothered you
- I’ve got the wrong number
- I am afraid there is nobody with that name here
- I am so sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number
Phone Conversation Example
|Good morning. Nathan Smith speaking. How can I Help you?|
|Good morning. This is Mike. I would like to speak to Mr. Brown.|
|Oh, sorry. Mr. Brown is not here at the moment|
|Can you tell me when he will be in?|
|Why don’t you try callling again in a couple of hours?|
|Alright, I will call again later then. Thank you.|
|You’re welcome. Bye.|