How to Order Food in English
Vocabulary to Order Food in English
- Chicken soup
- Slice of Pizza
- Soft Drinks
Phrases to Order to Food in English
- Would you like to start with a drink?
- Would you like to taste the wine?
- Can I take your order?
- Are you ready to order?
- What would you recommend?
- What are the specialities?
- What are today’s specials?
- Can we have the bill, please?
- Can we have teh check, please?
- Do you have question about the menu?
- What do you have?
- Do you want the combo meal?
- What would you like to drink?
- Can we have a table for two?
- Hi, Welcome to Applebee’s
- I’d like a cheese pizza, please.
- I’m going to have the eggs and toast.
- I’ll get the coconut ice cream.
- I‘ll take the burger
- I’m going to take the hot chocolate
- That will be $8
Lesson Plan: How to Order Food in English
- Students play a memory game with information about food served in restaurants
- Students are shown images of food and they have to remember the food in the order they were shown.
- Students are given a list of scrambled questions and statements.
- They unscramble the questions and statements
- They review the answer orally with other classmates
- Students make pairs and sit in a back to back position
- A classmate is given column A of a matching and another student is given column B
- They have to talk to their partners to complete the task.
- Students are given a template of a dialogue with highlighted information
- They analyze the dialogue and use it to have a conversation with their partners
- Students make groups of 3
- Students grab five strips of paper with some phrases studied during the lesson.
- Student prepare and rehearse the dialogue
- They do the role play
- Teacher reviews some of the most common mistakes made during the first stages of the lesson
- Students take a quiz
Other Task-Based Lesson Plan
- How to Express Likes and Dislikes in English
- How to Talk about Places Around Town
- How to Talk about Good and Services
- English Lessons: How to Go Shopping in English
- How to Give Directions Inside Buildings
- How to Give Directions in English
- How To Make Comparisons in English
- Lessons: How to Order Food in English