Teaching English in Costa Rica – MEP
Do you work for the Ministry of Educaiton in Costa Rica? Do you Teach MEP English Classes? If you do, this is a page that you have to visit.
It is full with teaching ideas, worksheets and links to great resources around the web.
This is time-saving resource for teachers in Costa Rica
Important Documents – MEP
|Achievements of our national athletes||Worksheet #1|
|Costa Rican Art, music and crafts||Worksheet|
|Words with same/different meaning||Worksheets|
|Costa Rican typical food||Worksheet|
|Holidays and celebrations around the World||Holidays Conversation Questions|
Holidays in Costa Rica
Holidays and Celebrations
St. Patrick’s Day
|6. Causes and effects of natural resources misuse||Introduction, worksheets |
|7. Linking words in context||Conjunctions |
|8. Tourist attractions offered by Costa Rican Communities:||Worksheet |
|9. Common illnesses and new diseases and epidemics||Health Conversation Questions|
|10. Our Democratic Tradition||Worksheet + Practice|
|11. Careers, jobs and lifestyles||Jobs |
|1. Types of food, eating habits and behaviors at the table||Introduction +worksheets|
|2. Tourists aspects worldwide||Introduction and Worksheets|
|3. Linking words in contexts||Conjunctions |
|4. Job demand in Costa Rica||Job Fairs + Worksheet|
|5. Careers||Classification of Careers|
|6. Science and technology||Science and Technology|
|7. Morals and values:||Introduction|
|8. Prefixes, suffixes and root words||Worksheets|
|9. Gender :Men’s and Women’s roles||Worksheets|
|10. Senior citizens and minority groups||Minority Groups|
|11. Words with the same pronunciation but different meanings:||Worksheet|
|12. Mass media and communications||Introduction + Worksheet|
You can download all those MEP English Classes documents with a single click
- Introduction of Oneself to Others and Identification of Oneself to Others
- Classroom Instructions and Using the Dictionary
- Classroom Objects, Clock and Clothing
- Description of Something, Daily Routines and Prepositions of Place
- Using the Dictionary
- Good and Service, Following Instructions
- Greetings, Leave-Takings and Introductions, Days and Months
- Personal Identification, Classroom Instructions and Numbers
- Classroom Objects and Prepositions of Place
- Clothing and Descriptions of Something
- Plural Nouns and Places around Town
- Following Instructions
- Family Members
- Description of Family Members and Personality Traits
- Personal Travel Plans and Means of Transportation
- Likes and Dislikes, Frequency Adverbs and Good and Services
- Parts of the Speech
- Occupations and Giving Directions
- Family Members and Description of People’s Physical Appearance
- Sports and Hobbies
- Sports, Hobbies and Life and Achievements of Athletes
- Prefixes and Suffixes., Function and Operation of Electrical Equipment
- Computer and Technology in our Lives
- Nature and the Environment
- Sport and Hobbies
11th Grade – MEP English Exams
- Diseases, Sickness and Illnessees
- Table Manners and Food
- Democracy in Costa Rica
- Table Manners and Food
- Touristic Aspects Worldwide
8th Grade – Conversational English
- Personal Information in Different Settings
- Compare Different Activies in Daily Life
- Give and Follow Directions
- Compare Customs in Celebrations and Holidays
- Professions and Occupations
- Describe People’s Appearance
- Ask for and Give Help in an Emergency
- Accept and Decline Invitations
- Ask for and Offer Good Service
- Describe Travel Plans and Tourism
- Safety at Work
- Booking by Phone
- Identify and Describe Occupations
- Describe Sports and Pasttimes
- Describe Uses and Functions of Electrical Devices and Machines
- Means of Transportation and Schedules
- Computers and Technology
- Natural Resources: Causes, Effects and Prevention
- Making Reservations
Unit #1 – Scenario: Here I am!
- Hello, Hi there, Hey, Bye
- Building Community
- Let´s Get Personal
- Meet My Family
Unit #2 – Scenario: Enjoying Life
- My Daily Routine
- Eating Habits
- Hanging out
- Things I Like to Do
Unit #3 – Scenario: Getting Back to Nature
- Natural Wonders in My Backyard
- Marvels in Costa Rica
- A World of Wonders
- Where can I go next?
Unit #4 – Scenario: Checking Things off a Shopping List
- My Family´s Grocery List
- Going Shopping
- Does This Fit Me?
- How Much Does It Cost?
Unit #5 – Scenario: Let’s Celebrate Costa Rican Culture!
- How my family and I celebrate “Tico” culture
- How my community celebrates “Tico” culture
- How other Costa Rican communities celebrate “Tico” culture
- How Costa Ricans celebrate national “Tico” culture
Unit #6 – Scenario: Getting from Here to There
- Knowing where I want to go
- Knowing where It is
- Knowing how to get there
- Knowing what I need and when
Unit #1 – Scenario: My High School…Our place
- High School — Bring it on!
- A Day in the Life of My High School.
- What is Your Next Class?
- High School Through the Eyes of my Friends
Unit #2 – Scenario: Let the Good Times Roll
- Fun times: Inside and Out
- What´s your favorite ____?
- Ready to Play: Tell Me the Rules
- Up Close and Personal
Unit #3 – Scenario: Something to celebrate
- Let’s Celebrate: Holidays with My Family
- Let’s Celebrate: Latin American Holidays and Festivals
- Let’s Celebrate: Holidays and Festivals around the World
- A Holiday to Remember: One of my favorites
Unit #4 – Scenario: Going Shopping
- Welcome to My Town
- Getting what I need at the right place
- Where is it?
- How can I get there?
Unit #5 – Scenario: Unforgettable events
- A Day I’ll Never Forget: in my Personal Life
- An Event I’ll Never Forget: with my Family
- An Event I’ll Never Forget: in Costa Rica
- An Event I’ll Never Forget: in the World
Unit #6 – Scenario: Getting from Here to There
- Beautiful Costa Rica
- Hiking, Biking and Walking Around Costa Rica
- Traveling Necessities
- Planning My Perfect Vacation
Unit #1 – Scenario: Time to have fun
- Let’s Workout
- Once Upon a Time I Enjoyed…
- Try it!
- The Most Fun I’ve Ever had!
Unit #2 – Online and Connected
- Yesterday, Today and Future Media
- Virtual Communities and Networks
- New Media and Public Safety
- The Magical World of Apps
Unit #3 – Scenario: Lights, Camera and Action
- What´s on TV?
- The Best Show Ever…
- Through the Lens of the Documentary
- Daily News
Unit #4 – Scenario: In the Public Eye
- Success vs. Fame
- National Role Models
- Contributions of Outstanding Figures to Society
- Breaking News: Read All About It
Unit #5 – Scenario: Unexpected Situations
- Home Emergencies
- Emergency Traveling Situations
- Unanticipated Appointments
- Making a Complaint at a Restaurant
Unit #6 – Scenario: Open a book, Open your mind
- Keep it simple
- Show me: Comic Strips
- Biographies of Writers
- The Moral of the Costa Rican Legend is
Unit #1 – Scenario: Love What we Do!
- Help wanted
- Working to Live or Living to Work?
Unit #2 – Scenario: Stories Come in all Shapes and Sizes
- Tell me a Story
- Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down
- The Reviews Are In
- You Should Read This
Unit #3 – Scenario: A World of Differences
- These Are My People
- Cultures, Subcultures and Cliques
- Cultural Norms and Cultural Storms
- I Am Not My Hair
Unit #4 – Scenario: Caution: Fragile World — Handle with Care
- What Makes Something Sustainable
- Products and Practices around the World.
- Products and Practices in Costa Rica
- Am I Environmentally friendly?
Unit #5 – Scenario: HighTech HighTouch!
- Hot Apps
- Danger Zones in a Digital World
- Tech Tools for Positive Change
- My Future Is in My Hands
Unit #6 – Scenario: What Comes Next?
- Pass or Fail?
- College or Career?
- Study Here or Abroad?
- Getting by or Getting ahead?
Unit #1 – Scenario: Recipes for Success
- Ingredients for Healthy Living
- Add a Pinch of a Positive Attitude
- Follow the recipe: a Plan for success
- Give me a Taste: Stories of Successful People
Unit #2 – Scenario: From the wheel to the drone
- Inventions that have Changed our Lives
- Living in a Tech World
- Safety First
- The Next Wave of Innovations
Unit #3 – Scenario: The Earth–Our Gift and Our Responsibility
- Natural DisastersIs Nature Against us?
- What´s the Problem?
- A Helping Hand (possible solutions)
- Who is Doing What? (Nonprofit and NGOs)
Unit #4 – Scenario: Get Ready. Get set. Go!
- Get ready: Take a Look at your Dreams and Fears
- Get Set: College or Career?
- Surviving or Thriving?(Developing Your Soft Skills)
- Go! The Future is Now
Unit #5 – Scenario: Really??? (Controversial issues)
- You gotta be kidding…World facts
- Shut up…Issues from Health and Medicine
- No way…Controversies and the Law
- OMG… Stereotypes and Cultural Differences