Make Reservations in English
- How can I help you?
- I’d like a room.
- How much is a single room?
- Is there a pool?
- What time is checkout?
- Do you accept VISA/Mastercard?
- How may I help you?
- Can I have your name please?
- How do you spell that?
- Would you like a single or a double?
- How many people are you traveling with?
- How many nights will you be staying?
- How will you be paying?
- Would you like a wake-up call?
- Is there anything else you would like to know?
Type of Hotel Rooms
- Single: A room assigned to one person. May have one or more beds.
- Double: A room assigned to two people. May have one or more beds.
- Triple: A room assigned to three people. May have two or more beds.
- Quad: A room assigned to four people. May have two or more beds
Lesson Plan: How to Make a Reservation in English
- Students turn on their cellphones.
- They google kahoot and visit this site using their phone browser.
- Students uses this kahoot to review the contents studied last week.
- Students are sent a polldaddy quiz
- They answer the quiz and inmmediately see the results
- Students are sent a piece of paper with questions that hotel employees ask when making a reservation.
- Students make pairs and practice asking those questions
- They change partners and practice with somebody else
- Students are sent a PowerPoint Presentation with facilities and services offered by the hotel.
- Student have to make question based on the picture. Such as:
- Does the room have cable TV?
- They practice asking and answering questions
- Teacher chooses 5 students to be the front desk staff
- The rest of the students are customers
- The front desk staff ask questions to the customer and fill out a form.
- Teacher reviews common mistakes made during the previous tasks
More Task-Based Lesson Plans
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Order Food in English
- Lessons: How To Make Comparisons in English
- How to Ask and Give Directions in my City
- How to Give Directions Inside Buildings
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Make Reservations in English
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Go Shopping in English
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Describe Goods and Services
- How to Talk about Good and Services
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Locate and Describe Places Around Town
- How to Express Likes, Dislikes and Preferences