How to Locate and Describe Places Around Town
Prepositions of place
- besides to
- next to
- infront of
- across from
- around the corner from
- on main street
- on the second floor
- at 415 main street
- High School
- Butcher shop
- Hardware shop
- Grocery Store
Description of places
How to Locate and Describe Places Around Town – Lesson Plan
First day Routine:
- Teacher introduces himself/ herself using a powerpoint presentation, he/she talks a bit his likes in music, movies and anime.
- Teacher ask students to send a whatsapp message to his/her number and then he/she sends an invitation link so they can join the group
- Once the group is created, teacher sends a google form with personal information so students can interview each other.
- Teacher talks about the contents and the evaluation of the course.
- Teacher sends the information to their email addresses.
- Teacher plays some songs and students pass around a balloon.
- When the music stops, the student with the balloon in her hands has to introduce the classmate he/she has to introduce himself /herself.
This activity is to introduce vocabulary and reinforce new vocabulary
- Teacher sends a quizlet set about prepositions of place, places and adjectives to describe places
- Students make pairs and quiz their classmate by asking a question about the new vocabulary
- They switch places and quiz other students
The aim of this task is to help students familiarize with the expression to locate places.
- Students make groups of 5, they are given a set of scrambled sentences and they have to arrange the words so the sentence makes sense .
- Each member of the group is given a set of 3 sentences, once they finished
- Students gather with other students that have the same set and make sure they have the same answers.
- Teacher sends a video to the students , they have to listen and complete a series of questions about the location of different places.
- Students ask those questions to each other and they respond using the information from the video.
- Teacher sends different maps that students need and they describe those places to their classmates.
- Students make group of 5.
- Students have to create a collage, the collage must be about 10 places they can find in the nearest city.
- Students have to know where those 10 places are located.
Once the groups are finished, a member of each group join a group and they ask question to each other about the places in their collages.
- Teacher reviews the vocabulary by doing an exercise online with the students