Listening Exercises about Family
Always a Family
On the morning of September 11th, Michael Trinidad called his ex-wife, Monique Ferrer, from the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center’s North Tower to say goodbye. In the wake of his death, Monique tells the story of Michael’s lasting legacy—the family they built together.
- get married, get divorced, to confide, secret, separate ways, doctor’s appointment, phone call, floor, building, hit , hysterical, put somebody on, to break somebody’s heart, to joke, to drive somebody crazy
Ponder about and answer these questions before watching the video
- What do you know about the events that happened in 9/11?
- How old were you when the events happened?
- How much do you love your family?
Watch the video Always a Family and think of these questions while watching it
- What is the name of the couple that the video talks about?
- How old was she when they met?
- How old was she when they get married?
- How many kids did they have?
- What secret did the kids reveal to their mom?
- What was the last Michael’s phone call about?
After watching the video and answering the questions
- Write a short paragraph stating why it is important to say to your loved ones how much you love them
Sundays at Rocco
Nicholas Petron’s grandfather, Rocco Galasso, moved to New York City from Italy with the hopes of making a better life. For eighteen years Rocco served as owner and superintendent of an apartment building where much of his family resided–until the day they were given notice that their building faced demolition to make way for new apartments. As Nick remembers, that’s when everything changed.
- go for a walk , apartment building ,grew up , show up for dinnermake something clear , brand new ,relocate ,Sunday meal ,shovel,coal,broken
Ponder about these questions before watching the video
- Do you have a big family?
- Do you usually have family reunions?
- How strong is your relationship with your family members and relatives?
- Do you usually go for a walk with family or relatives? What do you guys usually do together?
- what ‘s a tradition that you used have that you have never done anymore?
Watch the video Sundays at Rocco’s and think of these questions while watching it
- What was Rocco’s profession?
- Who lived in the building?
- What was the family tradition?
- What did all Rocco’s family have to relocate?
- What did Rocco do to the windows of the building?
- Why was Rocco sad?
- What happened with the family reunions after Rocco left the building?
After watching the video
- No success in life can compensate for failure at home , write a short paragraph explaining why family is the most important thing in your life
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go:
- English Lessons on EnglishPost.Org
- English Grammar Lessons on Englishpost.org
- ESL Conversation Questions