Rich and Poor Countries Listening Exercise
This is a listening lesson with its three stages, follow the instructions for a successful listening experience
Check the meaning of those words before watching the video.
Make sure that you understand meaning and how to pronounce each word
|quite||to slow down|
|offshore accounts||Low income|
|sway||to be packed with|
|striking (adj)||in spades|
|revenues||To buy into|
|to disregard||To allocate|
|look forward||To amass|
|generalizatio||To weight up|
Respond these questions
- Which are the poorest countries in the world?
- Which are the richest countries in the world?
- is the republic of the congo a rich country?
- What’s the Tetse fly?
- what’s are poorest countries in asia?
In this stage, watch the video “Why Some Countries Are Poor and Others Rich” and complete the tasks
Students answer the following questions:
- How many countries are there in the world?
- How many of them are very rich?
- What happens when countries don’t collect enough taxes?
- What are the consequences of clan-based thinking?
- What country is very religious and shows economic growth?
- Where are poor countries located?
- How is the soil in poor countries?
- What’s the poorest country in asia?
- What’s the name of the small fly present in Africa?
- How do economists call natural resources?
Mark if these statements are true or false
- There are basically three factors that determine if a country is rich or poor
- The Republic of Congo is one of the poorest countries of the world
- Rich countries have bad institutions
- Poor countries have bad institutions
- Rich countries are less corrupt than poor countries
- The poorest countries are more corrupt
- Rich countries have a class-based thinking
- Culture doesn’t keep countries poor
- Culture are outlooks, ideas and beliefs
- In the poorest countries, most people don’t believe in the supernatural
Complete the following sentences
- Institution are _____________ important.
- To ________________ the so called best candidate..
- Poor countries are________________located in the tropical regions.
- A tropical climate can be ____________________ to photosynthesis
- A key _____________ in the ______________ of society growing rich.
- ____________ part of the work force.
- The Setse Fly knocks outs animals on a _______________scale
- Humans are open to an __________ _________________of diseases
- Poor countries, on the whole, are very badly __________________
- Africa host 15 _______________ nations.
- Poor countries tend to have them in _____________
- You are gonna need the whole society to ________ into the project.
- Countries facing _______________ and hugely difficult problems.
With the help of google take some time to find an article that talks about how poor and rich are some countries or how these prosper.
This article from the about how Norways generates energy by getting rid of trash
Norway is importing as much rubbish as it can get its hands on, in an effort to generate more energy by burning waste in vast incinerators.
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go:
- English Lessons on EnglishPost.Org
- English Grammar Lessons on Englishpost.org
- ESL Conversation Questions