Leadership Skills Vocabulary and Structure
A simple definition is that leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal.
In a business setting, this can mean directing workers and colleagues with a strategy to meet the company’s needs.
Leadership Skills Vocabulary and Examples
The characteristics of a good leader are:
|Honesty||Mark is honest|
|Communication||James has communication skills|
|Sense of Humor||Linda has a good sense of humor|
|Confidence||Samantha has a lot of confidence|
|Commitment||The whole team is committed|
|Positive attitude||Anderson has a positive attitude|
|Creativity||Michael has a lot of creativity|
|Positivity||I have positivity because I always motivate people.|
|Decision Making||I have decision-making capabilities.|
|Innovation||She likes to innovate|
|Empathy||He has a lot of empathy|
|Vision||Nelson has a great vision|
|Integrity||Daniel has a lot of integrity|
|Humble||Fiorella’s a humble leader|
|Responsible||Sergio’s very responsible|
|Optimism||He has a lot of optimism|
|Delegation||Good leaders know how to delegate|
|Respect||Good leaders respect others|
|Passion||Ángela has a lot of passion for what she does|
|Persuation||Chris has persuation abilities|
|Supportive||James’s very supportive with us|
|Social Skills||I am outgoing and friendly|
|Emotional Skills||I control my emotions and stay calm|
|Risk Management||I identify, evaluate and take risks|
|Open-Minded||I am open to learning about new things|
Leadership Skills Lesson Plan
Teacher reminds students about the upcoming homework, deliver test results and give announcements
Bingo about Leadership skills
- Teacher creates a bingo using MyFreeBingoCards website
- Teacher sends the link to play to the whatsapp group and make sure everyone has a unique bingo card
- Teacher plays the game and deliver a chocolate bar to the winners.
- Students pair up.
- They are given a matching in which they have to match leadership skills with a follow up sentence.
- Student A is given Column A and Student B is Given Column B.
- They have to answer the matching together.
- Students review their answer with a partner. These are some sentences used in the matching.
- I am passionate about my job (Love for your carreer)
- I have a healthy sense of humor about life (Humor)
- I control my emotions and stay calm (Emotional Skills)
- I am outgoing and friendly (Social Skills)
- I like to speak in meetings (Public Speaking)
- I am open to learning about new things (Open Minded)
- I have to face difficult issues (Courage)
- I plan my time effectively. (Time Managament)
- I identify, evaluate and take risks. ( Risk Managament)
- I admit that I am not perfect (Humility)
- Student pair up.
- They are sent a video through whatsapp.
- Students watch a video about the 22 qualities that make a great leader and identify the characteristics of a good leader.
- Students watch the video again but this time they are gonna complete sentences that describes the 22 qualities of a good leader.
- Students are going to make pairs and they are going to discuss the following questions:
- What leadership qualities do you have?
- What leadership qualities do you want?
- Students stand up and talk to their classmates by asking the previos questions
- Students are going to record themselves describing a person they consider a good leader
- Students are gonna answer a worksheet that focus on some of the structures used in this lesson.
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go: