Soft Skills – Communication Skills
The ability to communicate effectively with superiors, colleagues, and staff is essential, no matter what industry you work in.
Workers in the digital age must know how to effectively convey and receive messages in person as well as via phone, email and social media.
Some benefits of having good communication skills are:
- Excellent communication skills prevents misunderstanding.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills such as listening skills, making eye contact gives boost to your personality
Communication Skills: Key Vocabulary
Top Ten Communication Skill for Workplace Successs
- Non-verbal communication
- Clarity and Consicion
- Picking the right medium
Sentences about Communication Skills
These are some sentences about communcation skills
|Listening Skills||I like listeninig to others|
|Open-Minded||I try to see people perspectives.|
|Communication Skills||I avoid distractions when I talk|
|Non-Verbal Communication||I make eye contact with my clients|
|Non-Verbal Communication||I use a good tone of voice|
|Feedback||I take feedback from others well|
|Respect||I respect the opinion of my coworkers|
|Respect||I pay attention to what people are saying to me|
|Respect||I don’t interrupt people when they talk|
|Active listening||I take time to listen to others|
|Interest||I show interest by asking questions|
|Clarity||I speak clearly about what I want|
|Open-Minded||I am open to new ideas|
|Public Speaking||I love speaking in public|
|Presentation Skills||I love giving presentations at work|
|Confidence||I have a lot of confidence when I speak|
Lesson Plan – Communication Skills
- Students are given a piece of paper with two or three words maximum, they have to stand up and create a definition for the word communication skills.
Pre-Task (75 Mins)
Teacher prints this definition, cuts them into piece and stick them into the back of the students. They have to figure out the definition by looking their partner’s backs.
Communication is the act of transferring information from one place to another using voice, printed or digital media, body language and gestures.
- Students are sent a quizlet set, the set has examples of good / bad non-verbal communication.
- Students indicate if each example is a good/ bad verbal and non-verbal communication
- Student are given a Powerpoint Presentation with some pictures, they have to tell each other what example of non – verbal communication is shown.
- Students are sent a wordle with key vocabulary found in the task ahead.
- Teacher sees if students know the vocabulary and the pronunciation of some of them.
- Students make pairs.
- Students are given a matching, both students are given part B so they analyze the sentences
- One of the students is given Part A
- Learners match the words in column A with the sentences in column B orally.
- Students are given 10 minute to answer some questions related to communication skills
- Once ready, students divide the groups in group A and group B
- Students in group A ask those questions to students in group B
- Then students in group A are asked those question by another partner
Task (30 Mins)
- Students choose 5 communication skills that they have.
- Once students are ready, they talk about those skills with their partners
- Student note down the answers and once the activity is over, they share some of the information they wrote.
- Students answer a quiz about the topic to solidify some structures used.
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go: