- How do I get to …?
- What’s the best way to …?
- Where is …?
- Go straight on (until you come to …).
- Turn back./Go back.Turn left/right (into …-street).
- Go along …
- Cross …
- Take the first/second road on the left/right
- It’s on the left/right
- next to
- at the end (of)on/at
- the corner
- in front of
- just around the corner
Students can also check the vocabulary by visiting these websites
- Students play a bingo in their smartphones with the vocabulary of the previous lesson and the current lesson (M-Learning)
- Teacher starts the class by introducing the vocabulary about the lesson using this video and writing down the vocabulary that they find useful
- Students are given two dialogues so they can listen and fill in the blanks. (30 Mins) then students practice a dialogue with a partner.
- Students are given a short map and they have to listen for four directions and identify the place where people would get following such directions then they have to give other directions using the same map (30 minutes)
- Students are given an unscrambled conversation and they have to arrange the conversations, once they have finished arranging the conversation, they have to practice the conversation with a partner.
- Students make a conversation about giving directions in Liberia, they have to record the conversation and then they have to make two questions to their partners. ( 15 Minutes)
- Students are sent two links (link#1 and Link #2)they have to fill in the blanks faster listening to the recording (M-Learning)
- Resource for pre-task activity #1
- Resource for pre-task activity # 2A
- Resource for pre-task activity # 2B
- Resource for pre-task activity #3
- Resource for pre-task activity #4
- Resource for the Post- Task