Cover letters are a chance to make a case to cover everything we can’t express in our resumes and come across as real people to potential employers. Don’t throw a cover letter together in the hope that nobody will actually read it.
The video summarizes the following points to create a cover letter
- Add a letterhead at the top of the letter.
- Write the recipient’s name and address and the date below the letterhead
- Address the recipient.
- State your purpose in the first paragraph.
- Outline your qualifications in the middle paragraph(s)
- Include a positive statement or question in the final paragraph that will motivate the employer to contact you
- Write an appropriate closing.
- Add your signature