How to Describe People – Vocabulary and Grammar
- Well built
- Average height
Personality Traits and Physical Characteristics
- I used to be shy butI am not shy anymore
- I used to be skinny, Now I am fat and happy
- I was responsible when I was in highschoo
- I was very friendly when I was a teenager now I am a bit shy
- I used to be the smartest in class
- I am the shortest guy here
- She is the most responsible classmate
- I consider myself a positive person.
How to Describe People – Lesson Plans
Schema Activation (10 Mins)
Teacher is going to play the hot potato with a balloon
- Students make a circle and the teacher gives the first student the balloon
- He plays some awesome songs while students pass the balloon around
- Awesome music stops, students with the balloon has to answer a question, the question is inside the balloon.
- Teacher plays the game two or three times.
Pre-Task (90 Mins)
Task#1 (30 Mins)
Reinforce vocabulary, spelling and pronunciation by playing this bingo
- Students review vocabulary using a quizlet set, they check the vocabulary with a partner
- they ask question by asking
- how do you say…?
- Teacher creates a bingo using my freebingocards.com
- Teacher sends the link to every student so everyone plays from the phone.
Task#2 (20 Mins)
Talk in the past and present about physical appearance and personality traits
- Teacher creates a survey.
- Students answer the survey themselves .
- Students interview a classmate
- After 5 mins, they switch seats and interview another classmate
Task#3 (40 Mins)
Listening for details
- Teacher introduces key words that students might find in the video.
- Teacher gives students to listen to a dialogue and note down words they hear
- Now students listen to some statements and they identify if those statement were made by a man or a woman
- students verify the answers with the answer given by another partner.
- Now students listen again and note down some of the questions they made in the video. They create a dialogue using those questions as a reference.
Main Task (40 Mins)
Describe personality traits and physical characteristics.
- Students are given options, they pick a celebrity from the options.
- They analyze and study the characteristic of their characters.
- When they feel ready, they go and introduce themselves as if they were those celebrities
- They move around the classroom and introduces themselves a couple of times.
Post-Task (40 Mins)
- Teacher reinforces accuracy in pronunciation and grammar based on the problems heard while monitoring the activities
- Students make groups and make a small circle, they think about two of their physical characteristics. They have to record all sentences.
If you want to check other lesson plans, make sure to visit my task-based language lesson plans page